Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: controlling both decks with different keys

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

i figured this out on my own, but it is a nice aspect of the new version. i thought at first it wasnt possible, until i looked a bit closer at the new version.

i have always hated the notion of an active deck.

now i can make it disappear.

you can map keys to the left and right deck. this way, you can control the pitch of both decks at the same time from the keyboard. way better in my opinion.

no more will i accidentally cue the left deck, or the right deck. nope. each deck has different key to adjust the tempo.

now though, what keys to use. i am thinking awsd for the left deck pitch and nudge controls, and lp;' for the right deck controls. then the keys directly under it to control start stop and cueing.

and i also love the CDJ-light skin. finally i can get that annoying crossfade off the screen (i use an external mixer) now, if only i could disable that damn playlist pop-out from the file selector.

Posted Tue 04 Dec 01 @ 11:45 pm
that pop-out drives me CRAZY!!!

Posted Wed 05 Dec 01 @ 1:40 am
stuxxxPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Regards the annoying playlist editor, if you open it and lock it open, you can then drag the playlist box to the right till its hidden and it wont keep popping up !!

stu

Posted Wed 05 Dec 01 @ 2:30 am
how do u do that? in options obviosly but do u have a new version then i do? i cant find how to do that.

Posted Wed 05 Dec 01 @ 4:52 am
mamaPRO InfinityMember since 2003
If you open the playlist, there is a button on the bottom left side of the playlist window. If you click on it, the playlist stays outside. Now you can drag it to the right by clicking on the playlistboarder and moving it like you want it. Just like you drag a explorer window.

Posted Wed 05 Dec 01 @ 10:05 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)