Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: how to monitor a song while playing another

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

tagasiHome userMember since 2001
Hello
I have a laptop with one soundcard.
i have one audio output from which i put an audio splitter with 2 outputs. one is going to the speakers, and one to the headphones.
i want to be able to play a song on the speakers (let's suppose song A is playing on the speakers and is in the left window of atomix). i want to put song B in the right window and be able to hear it in my headphones without hearing it over song A (on the speakers).
Just like regular DJs do when they play a song and they're looking for another song to play, they hear it, they monitor it, find the cue points etc...
If you have the solution plz email me to tayou@tayou.com
thanks a lot

Posted Tue 04 Dec 01 @ 5:05 pm
This feature is only available in the registered version of atomixmp3

Posted Tue 04 Dec 01 @ 11:42 pm
mamaPRO InfinityMember since 2003
He is a registered user. Anyone with the same problem or an idea for him?

Posted Wed 05 Dec 01 @ 10:01 am
DJ RickPRO InfinityMember since 2003
I can only guess that you have the wrong type of splitter. If it has 2 1/8" female stereo outputs, what you'll get is whatever your computer is trying to output to both sides of that splitter. (inother words, it's not really a splitter, it just allows 2 connections) You need a splitter cable that has 2 rca connectors, one red and one white (usually) then you have to get an adapter to plug in the headphone.

Hope this helps,

Rick

Posted Wed 05 Dec 01 @ 2:29 pm
Dear DJ's, dear Rick, dear Readers,
I have the correct audio splitter...but how to make it work with the software? i mean if i'm playing song A on the speakers, if i load song B in window B (right), it'll be the active deck. if i switch decks, i'll still hear song A on the speakers. if i want to hear song B on my headphone, i'll hear it also a bit on the speakers.
what i want is really simple:
i want to play song A, and listen and monitor to song B on my headphones! (just like any regular DJ does! play one song, while listening to another in his headphone) can someone tell me exactly how? please...it's urgent.
Thanks a lot!

Posted Wed 05 Dec 01 @ 10:37 pm
DJ RickPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Honestly, I configure the sound to a mixer. I've never used atomix without a mixer. I'm guessing that you have selected the proper sound configuration, and you are confirming that you have a proper splitter. Hopefully someone who is using it the way you are trying to use it will come along and read this thread and help you out. I wish I could be more helpful.

Good Luck

Rick

Posted Wed 05 Dec 01 @ 11:54 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)