Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Sound Problems in V2

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

stuxxxPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Hi

i have just installed V2 and generally the sound is excellent until I configure with a 3D soundcard with headphone support

I am getting a constant crackling in the right channel.

I am using a Creative Audigy sound card with the front output going to the external Mixer / Amp and the rear to headphones.

I have tried going direct to my computer speakers but the problem is still there !

Is there any settings in my Audigy software i need to change.

Any help would be appreciated as I had planned to go live with Atomix on Saturday night !!!

Posted Fri 30 Nov 01 @ 11:34 am
Sorry I should have added that the hardware is a AMD 1.3ghz with 512mb Ram and Geforce Prophet 3 graphics card, just in case any of this is relevant !!!

Posted Fri 30 Nov 01 @ 11:40 am
The problem doesn't come from your Audigy soundcard, since it also happens on some SBLive configurations.
We are actually working on that problem.
Some users reported that going to the soundcard configuration and selecting hardware then software mode back a few times can resolve things.
A patch will be issued as soon as we fix the problem.

By the way, did you experience this only with v2, or did the v1.12 also act this way ?

Posted Fri 30 Nov 01 @ 1:15 pm
Second the motion!!!
I'm using an external mixer with Turtle Beach Soundcard, supposed to be top of the line soundcard, and I get the same scratching sound in the right channel. I uninstalled V2 and reinstall V1, and I also got the same problem.

Here is my configuration:
3D Turtle Beach soundcard (I chose 2 SCard option and external mixer)
External mixer connect to speakers

Here is my test:
Set 2SCards to the same output sources, direct to mixer - no problem with cracking noise
Set 2Scards to different output sources, there is cracking in right channel (I used the same song, same volume setting and the left channel HAS NO cracking + more powerful than the right channel).

HEY stuxx, do you have problems with all the samplers? I do, seem like I cant play them with external mixer

Man, I wished admin got me for beta testing

Posted Fri 30 Nov 01 @ 1:19 pm
Yes I did have the same problem with V1.2 and I also have tried the ejay mixstation which is the same but the sound quality is terrible and it stutters alot...

Work on this as quick as you can please Atomix....

Alteratively i have a spare SB5.1 live card and a PCI 128 sound card...

Can I use either of these and run dual sound cards.

I am not sure how to configure them together as when I install the second card the audigy card is not happy !!

Any ideas ?

Posted Fri 30 Nov 01 @ 6:47 pm
I dont think you should use 2 soundcard especially if one is more superior than the other. You want a consitent sound stream to maintain your mix flow smoothly.
Also, if you want to broadcast or record your session, it's a hassle to hear your playback with only one side of the channel (the soundcard only record the section comin from its own, not the other soundcard)
This is a glitch Atomixmp3 has, and I trust them will fix it ASAP. For now, just pump the vloume up and no one will notice about it

Posted Fri 30 Nov 01 @ 9:12 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)