Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: anyone else using a USB audio device

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

DJ RickPRO InfinityMember since 2003
I have the Telex USB audio adapter. My laptop is a Sony amd 900. I've noticed that each time I set-up I have to go to the device manager and actually delete the usb adapter, then re-boot and let ME reinstall the exact same drivers before it will work with Atomix. If I don't, and I load a song into the desk being used by this device it won't play. Anyone else having this issue? Have you figured out why it's happening, and how to fix it?

Thanks,

Rick

Posted Thu 29 Nov 01 @ 1:21 pm
I cant answer your question but I was looking a usb audio devices and didnt know what the output would be like. Basicaly is it good quality?
Also how faster laptop should I get which can handle atomix and the USB output.

Posted Thu 29 Nov 01 @ 9:42 pm
DJ RickPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Best way I can put your answer is this.... The usb sound adapter works great. (except in the above situation) I don't know what the minumum laptop computer requirements would be, but I'm using an amd 800 with 128 ram. My music is stored on a 80 gig firewire hard drive.
The output of the usb adapter is just a bit quieter than the on-board sound card, but I just turn the masted on the windows volume control down to about 3/4 to match them up. I was using split mono out of the single card, I'll tell you this much for sure, even with the master turned down to compensate for the lower output on the usb device, the output is better now than it was when the signal was split into 2 mono signals.

Have Fun,

Rick

Posted Thu 29 Nov 01 @ 10:37 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)