Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Trying a USB audio adapter Uh oh

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

DJ RickPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Ok, I bought a usb audio adapter and used it for 1 night of work. It performed pretty well, (it was very nice to have full stereo sound for a change) but the next day I decided to set it up at home for some more testing. Everything crashed. The computer locked up. After hours of trouble shooting it seems that everything works fine until I plug in the usb audio adapter. When I plug it in, I can launch the sound set-up, and configure it the way I want it, then I launch Atomix go to sound configuration, choose the on-board sound card as audio device 1, and the usb adapter as audio device 2, then click OK. As soon as I click OK... everything freezes. Even if I control/alt/delete to shut down Atomix, my whole computer remains frozen. I'm a bit perplexed here, since it performed beautifully for the 1 night. I don't believe the usb adapter got damaged in any way on the ride home. Any thoughts on this would be appreciated.
it's a Sony Vaio Laptop, amd 800, with windows ME

thanks,

Rick

Posted Tue 13 Nov 01 @ 4:37 pm
DJ RickPRO InfinityMember since 2003
well, apparently there was a problem with the usb adapter I bought. I went to the store and bought another one, a Telex. I put about 75 or songs in the wait list and am letting them play through it now. It's been an hour or so, and all seems well.
The other one doesn't have a brand name. I guess that should have clued me in. The output on the Telex is also much better. I don't have to turn down the primary sound card as much to match them up. All in all, I'm at least a little bit optimistic.

Rick

Posted Tue 13 Nov 01 @ 10:52 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)