Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: strange automix

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hi there!

I know there were many threads about this automix-it's-not-a-bug-it's-a-feature ;-) but I like to start another try.

O.k., Stephane has explained why automix works so strange (it cuts the song after 80 percent to do a safe beatmatch). He explained, a method to play a song in automix to the end is to play the song one time in full lenght without automix. Now my question: If I disable all "auto-options" (auto-pitch, master-level etc.), Atomix has NOT to calculate anything, it has only to play all the songs in the playlist, one after one. Strange, in this case Atomix cuts also 20 percent of the song.

Don't get me wrong. I now it is very difficult to do a programming like automix. At the other hand, I'm searching a sleak way to play the -complete- songs WITH automix (at small partys I don't like to mix all the time. The only solution seems to drag one song after the other in the decks and play them one time fully to get the 100 percent. I have about 9000 songfiles on my hd's. This would take ages ...

If someone have a hint for me, I would be very happy.

Btw. I bought eJay DJ MIX STATION, which is a new Atomix (beta) Version. The automix-problem is not solved in this version, the same for my MP3-database-thread.

Tom

Posted Fri 09 Nov 01 @ 10:17 pm
OyyoDamsPRO InfinityHonorary memberMember since 2003
Sorry but in the next version the automix feature won't be really improved because we decided to improve live DJ features. But we're working on it and hope to improve it in the future.

Posted Fri 09 Nov 01 @ 11:39 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)