Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Atomix and Dual Processor

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I am currently playing with the demo version of Atomix on a PII400 system. I am considering on buying the full version and installing it onto a dual Celeron 412 MHz system running Win2K and SBLive. From reading the posts in this forum, I see that many people have tried using the record feature with the full version and have noticed skipping in their recordings. My question is, has anyone tried using the full version on a dual processor system? Is it any better when it comes to recording? Im trying to decide whether I should buy now or wait until the second full version is out. Thanks!

DJB

Posted Tue 06 Nov 01 @ 9:29 pm
You may as well buy now, as you will receive the full second version for free as soon as it is released, so you have nothing to lose.

Posted Wed 07 Nov 01 @ 6:36 pm
I doubt multiproc will help much with atomix... the developers may disagree, but im just guessing... since it's probably in the OS that causes skipping (Drivers/windows sound subsystem) But in my config, Win2K or XP, P3-500, as long as I use hardware mix it's just fine... software mix skips.. but there's no reason to use it (why record on the PC anyhow??)

Posted Fri 09 Nov 01 @ 6:58 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)