Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: which config is better?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I am looking at buying atomix mp3 (trial version is so easy to use) and want to know if my config is OK. I have a soundblaster live platinum, and wanted to know if this was suitable on its own, or if i should get another sound card, something cheap, to be able to listen to the cue signal on.
Thanks for any help that can be provided.

Posted Sat 03 Nov 01 @ 2:17 am
OyyoDamsPRO InfinityHonorary memberMember since 2003
Atomixmp3 works very great with the Sound Blaster Live cards. With the full version you'll be able to monitor with a headphone or to plug an external mixer.

Posted Sat 03 Nov 01 @ 9:49 am
But better take a second soundcard because in that option the sound is shit

Posted Sat 03 Nov 01 @ 6:11 pm
I disagree. On my configuration the sound is very good with an SB Live.
When using 2 sound cards, you can have other problems: IRQ conflicts, syncronisations problems between the sound cards. And a 3D sound card only takes 1 PCI slot...

Posted Sat 03 Nov 01 @ 6:19 pm
Yan-XPRO InfinityHonorary memberMember since 2003
But when your card is Out Of Service you don't have any sound anymore! I personnaly use two sound cards for this reason If I get a problem from one of my sound card I can switch to the "One card config" in soft mode to keep the internal equalizers.

I think it is a kind of additional security that you must have :)

Posted Sun 04 Nov 01 @ 11:06 am
I am sure that I posted a helpful message in this topic, one which Dams almost repeated word for word afterwards. Why has my message been deleted in favour of Dams's message, when mine was posted first and was more comprehensive?

Posted Mon 05 Nov 01 @ 2:18 pm
MiXmAsTeR I don't know about what message you speak, but I didn't posted mine to "repeat" your message. It's my real config, so please be as polite with me as with others people.

Maybe your post has been deleted, I don't know, but why YOUR message should be better than mine ? Stop to be angry every time you disagree with anything, and please be constructive !

I really appreciate when you help other users, but I don't appreciate at all when you post such unusual things.

Hope you'll understand that.

Peace !

Posted Mon 05 Nov 01 @ 3:56 pm
thanks for the help everyone. I will see how it goes with one soundcard first, and then if needed, go for another. peace.

Posted Wed 07 Nov 01 @ 5:45 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)