Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: SBLive5.1 + Sb128

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

how i can install 2 soundcards on my pc,
and what it will be the difference in sound quallity of using only the 3d card in 2 channels,
is it problem that i have 2 soundblaster cards?
difference between the sound on one and the other soundcard when they are working together?

Posted Fri 02 Nov 01 @ 2:26 pm
hmmm i did everything right but still i have problem when the one beat covers the other can i solve this problem with better mixer?

Posted Sat 03 Nov 01 @ 6:14 pm
The problem the second message sender is experiencing is most likely due to different lag times between the 2 soundcards, causing the beat of one song to arrive at the speakers before the beat of the other song. 3D cards overcome this due to the fact that the front and rear output come from the same soundcard and therefore have matching lag times.

Using 2 soundblaster cards can cause problems as they may both want to use the same IRQ settings, and this can be difficult to overcome and is not something for the novice computer user to attempt.

I personally use a SBLive! card with the rear output going to the speakers and the front output going to the headphones (or in your case, possibly the front going to one input on the external mixer, and the rear going to the second input on the mixer). This is the configuration I would recommend. You can use your SBLive 5.1 for this purpose. The second soundcard could be used as a backup as Yan suggested under a different topic, although any IRQ conflicts would have to be dealt with, but if you already have both cards in the computer working, there is no problem.

For some reason, in another recent topic on this board, where I spoke about 3D cards, etc, my help was deleted, I trust that it was a mistake and will not happen to this one.

Posted Mon 05 Nov 01 @ 2:15 pm
thanx for the advise but i want to use external mixer i just cannot play the fader with the mouse.i loose the feeling:)))

Posted Tue 06 Nov 01 @ 12:42 am
IMHO..

IRQ conflicts are a minor issue with a plug n play PCI card

the REAL problem is the lag... the drivers will have slightly different latency! makes it a real pain with an external mixer...

Posted Fri 09 Nov 01 @ 6:53 am
Helo....i use a Soundblaster 128 + Turle beach montego sound card..

My both work perfect....no irq trouble nothing....its great...

But one little problem thats i encounter....is that the soundlbaster card has a better amplifier....but thats easy solved by lowering the master volume in the little speaker icon...

Posted Fri 09 Nov 01 @ 7:05 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)