Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: So So Buggy

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Posted Sun 28 Oct 01 @ 8:46 pm
DeeJayHome userMember since 2001
Sounds like something for me to look into. I guess I am not the only one not getting help from atomix

Posted Sun 28 Oct 01 @ 9:11 pm
OyyoDamsPRO InfinityHonorary memberMember since 2003
DeeJay let me remember you 2 things:

- You posted in the forum about a problem and maybe nobody found a solution. The topic of your problem is old and so many users don't see it anymore because it's not on the first page of this forum.

- You say we don't help you but many times we told you to write us at service@atomixmp3.com. Did you mail us ? If yes, what is your email address ? All I can say is that all mails wrote to service@atomixmp3.com have been answered so please mail us again and stop crying about our team. We're here to help you but I think you didn't understand that.

Posted Sun 28 Oct 01 @ 9:18 pm
See the mature thing to do was to accuse a customer of crying about a complaint. That really shows me how professional you really are. I have emailed the support team and the responses that was givin to me I have done before posting a message and the problem still exists. I mentioned that in my posted message as well as my email to support. But it is unfortunate that you are showing me the professionalism of you and your support team. And if after this you still fee that I am crying because atomix cannot fix a problem that I have then others should come out the closet and do some crying themselves.

Posted Sun 28 Oct 01 @ 9:27 pm
I don't accuse you to cry about a complain, I just ask you to don't blame our team, because you don't understand that we don't have all the solutions. I'm trying to help you but I'll loose patience if you don't understand that.

I asked you to mail us, I'm still waiting for your mail...

Peace,

Dams

Posted Sun 28 Oct 01 @ 9:39 pm
Since you seem to be communicating with me here and you have noticed that I have posted a message before which is now on the second page read it again and you will see the problems that I am having.

Posted Sun 28 Oct 01 @ 9:44 pm
Please what is your email address ? Because I'm searching for your previous posts in our database, so I need it.

Posted Sun 28 Oct 01 @ 9:53 pm
If you noticed thatI have posted an earlier message that you said yourself it was old that is why it is not on the first page. If you would look there you would also see things like

I have tried that and other things like

1) Install directX 8.0a (and please be carrfeul to download directx8.0a for win2k if you want to use this system)

2) In the config pannel of windows select AUDIO devices and click on Advanced properties. You should see two switchs (one called Hardware acceleration and one called Sample rate quality) . Please switch the AUDIO SAMPLE RATE to minimum (lower quality but faster)

If your problem is still here try under win 2k to set the priority of Atomixmp3 at the maximum (I think it is using right click - program properties or typing Ctrl+alt+tab after have laucnhed atomixmp3) In this way, you will allow the max of ressources to atomixmp3 and have a better speed than the default priority :)

Regards,
Yan-X

1) Close all background programs (such as virus software)
From the start menu:
2) Select "Settings", "Control Panel", "Sounds & Multimedia", "Audio Tab"
3) In "Sound Playback", click the "Advanced" tab
4) Select "Basic" hardware acceleration (one notch from the left)
5) Select "Apply" and then "Close", (leaving sample quality on "Best")
6) Repeat steps 3 thru 5 for the "Sound Playback"
7) Last, be sure that if you have more than one sound driver (note here that I have downloaded the latest DirectX sound driver also) that you select the Primary sound driver within the sound option in Atomix.

I have also checked to make sure that my hard drive settings are set for DMA mode.

I have disable master tempo.

I have done all of this before posting this message. I am using internal recorder. Still unable to play or record mixes without skipping. I am trying to do this under windows 2000 Pro as well as windows 98. Windows 2000 should run better but it doesn't. The problem exists in both operating systems. Now What???

Posted Sun 28 Oct 01 @ 10:02 pm
I forgot to mention the spec

600mhz
256ram
windows 2000/98
2 30gig harddrives @7200rmp
Slive! soundcard
what else

Posted Sun 28 Oct 01 @ 10:05 pm
Ok thanks. As I said in your last topic:

"It's easier for us to answer you personnaly when you write a mail. I remember you we're here to help you. For know we don't have THE solution to YOUR problem, but I ask you to mail us so we'll try with other teamers to dialog with you and find a solution. We told you to write in the forum because we thought maybe someone else had a solution. As this is not the case, please mail us again. Be sure we'll answer you and we'll do our best to help you. "

So please mail us, and when we'll find a solution we'll post it in the forum to help other users.

Posted Sun 28 Oct 01 @ 10:08 pm
You have all the info. If you noticed I recieved a reply from yanik. Pass this info along and as I am doing now, I will check my posted message to see if there was a response. Yanik should also have a copy of the email that was sent to me with all the info in this post that I have tried with no cure. If Yanik checks his or her sent messages then yanik would see ho I am and reply.

Posted Sun 28 Oct 01 @ 10:15 pm
Yan-XPRO InfinityHonorary memberMember since 2003
it is Yannick and not Yanik :)

Posted Sun 28 Oct 01 @ 11:11 pm
Yan-XPRO InfinityHonorary memberMember since 2003
Deejay,

I have found one possible error:

in your previous post you said you have set acceleration to basic and quality to best !

It is exactly the worse configuration for windows !
Sorry if someone from our team has submited this possibility to you !
Enabled all the acceleration and decrease the quality to the first (2nd slider on the left)

Then pres ok and try to record.
If you have no improvment, please try to switch acceleration to one step less.

Try again... and so on...
Note that it is very important to set the priority of Atomixmp3 to Critical/Real-time under win2k

If you don't have any improvments maybe could you try to save your system with Ghost or any other backups program and try to format your pc to see if your pc can't run faster with a new Os installation. (personnaly I format it every month to have the best results)

Posted Sun 28 Oct 01 @ 11:15 pm
I had this problem and nothing would cure it, I tried everything being suggested now and more.

In the end, it was cured by the following:

1: New soundcard - I bought a SB Live!Value. Still had some skipping, but not as bad as before the purchase.

2: Formatted my win2k OS and put on WinXP, this much improved matters as WinXP is far faster than all other Windows OS's in all respects.

3: Put on the latest drivers for my soundcard - this worked under win98SE, can't do it under WinXP as the latest drivers from Creative have only just come out and leave a lot to be desired. Despite this, the WDM drivers included in XP for the SBLive! range work fine with no skipping anyway.

4: Upgraded my PC to an AMD 1Ghz Athlon, 320MB SDRAM and a very fast hard drive which I see you already have. Also I run defragmenter on a regular basis, and, if you have another fast hard drive in the PC, it's best to record the output file to that hard drive, i.e. not onto the same drive you are running Atomix from.

Anyway, I have tried the beta of Atomix 1.2 and the skipping and general jerkiness of playback is very much reduced so should show improvements on all systems. We are still not being told the release date for 1.2 because of more discussions with Ejay which in my opinion should not affect us - which they are doing. We have waited too long already, this is salt in the wound. When it is released this problem won't affect you, so it may be worth waiting if you can't cure the problem simply...

Again, I think we should be told the release date immediately and any talks and/or problems with Ejay should be aside from the running of Atomix. It is not fair that we wait even more, after 10 months already, just so Atomix can negotiate more money-making, when we have paid for Atomix and the upgrades.

Posted Sun 28 Oct 01 @ 11:40 pm
mamaPRO InfinityMember since 2003
I can´t understand your problem. I run AtomixMP3 on a PIII@500, 256MB RAM and a simple Seagate Medialist HDD. It worked without any problems under W2k and now under XP. I didn´t change anything in any settings of Windows. The only thing I made was to upgrade DirectX, test it, and upgraded my SB drivers (drivers only!).

I don´t even get any problems, if I record with an external software that encodes the recorded sound on-the-fly into an mp3 with 196kps, what needs a lot of system power.

Posted Mon 29 Oct 01 @ 7:43 am
I get no problems on my set up above since I bought the new motherboard and CPU and am running XP.... It seems some configurations suffer from it, others don't...

I haven't changed anything on XP and it just works fine.

Posted Mon 29 Oct 01 @ 8:05 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)