Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Skipping while recording - solution!

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

mamaPRO InfinityMember since 2003
A friendly user sent us a solution for the skipping problem in the recording function appearing on some computers:

"Hello, my friends!

Read on for the GOOD news...

Well, today marks approximately 1 year since I ordered the full version of
Atomix. Needless to say it has been a challenge -- one that I have never
given up on.

From the start, my computer was unable to record and yet workded perfectly in HARD mode. At first, I had a Celeron 666 MHZ, Hewlitt Packard - "HP", 128 MB Ram. Since music is why I bought the computer, I tried everything suggested (both from you and HP) and when nothing worked, I finally
convinced HP that the problem was with their computer and had them authorize an upgrade to an AMD ATHLON 1GHZ machine...to no avail. Still, skipping in record mode!!!@#@#@

Even though it was frustrating beyond imagining, I kept the 1GHZ machine and recorded my mix to mini-disc recorder direct from the sound output.

I searched and searched for an answer to the problem of skipping in record mode, and yesterday, I found one that I hope you share on your website as I see so-o-o-o-o-o many complaints on this issue and understand the situation -- as well as YOUR potential loss of sales.

For the record, I use Windows Millenium. To correct the problem:

1) Close all background programs (such as virus software)
From the start menu:
2) Select "Settings", "Control Panel", "Sounds & Multimedia", "Audio Tab"
3) In "Sound Playback", click the "Advanced" tab
4) Select "Basic" hardware acceleration (one notch from the left)
5) Select "Apply" and then "Close", (leaving sample quality on "Best")
6) Repeat steps 3 thru 5 for the "Sound Playback"
N.B. My computer was preset on full hardware acceleration and this created the conflict!!
7) Last, be sure that if you have more than one sound driver (note here that I have downloaded the latest DirectX sound driver also) that you select the Primary sound driver within the sound option in Atomix.

Voila!!! Problem fixed...for me.

Please post as I truly hope this helps others who may not have lost the faith or are frustrated new users."

Many thanks to Kerrigan!

Posted Tue 25 Sep 01 @ 7:11 am
WELL YOU DID IT.. IT HELPED ME. COMPLETELY. THANKS!!!!!

Posted Wed 10 Oct 01 @ 2:44 pm
i did now i hear from both of my channels both songs with little delay and bad quality

Posted Thu 11 Oct 01 @ 12:55 am
Hey! thanks! your solution worked!!!!!

Posted Sun 14 Oct 01 @ 1:16 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)