Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Song skipping in "soft mix" mode...

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

jokoHome userMember since 2004
I've read lots of comments about this and I've tried all I can think of to remedy this skipping problem. I've gotten all new drivers for my sound and video--and my computer is kickin with 1.2 Ghz processor speed so that's not the problem either. With so much talk about this skipping problem, why isn't there a patch created? I can honestly say now that this must be a software bug because I have done everything possible on this end. There are lots of skins still being made but is any attention being paid to this skipping problem?

Posted Thu 20 Sep 01 @ 5:44 pm
i had the same problem! my pc is a amd 800mhz 256 mb.
Before i had a 32 mb . Then i bought me this other 256 mb card(120 guilders) then this problem is no more!!!

Posted Mon 24 Sep 01 @ 12:55 am
jokoHome userMember since 2004
Atomix, I owe you guys a huge apology--and I'm the first one to admit it when I am wrong. I was a frustrated JERK. After trying and trying to update my driver with what was recommended for my soundcard (soundblaster pci64v), I finally tried a different driver--one not even designed for my soundcard. I updated it after downloading and I can't tell you how shocked I was. I had the headphones on when I clicked "update driver". The second the computer took on the new driver, a constant low "hiss" I'd had suddenly vanished--the sound just crystalized in a nanosecond. I immediately went to Atomix and what I heard was beyond exciting. I felt like I'd unleashed the entire cosmos when I heard how flawlessly my songs played in soft mode.

Guys, if you're having the same trouble and your computer is up to speed, don't give up. I know now that this can be fixed. I just requires some patience and knowing where to dig around to get just the right driver for your soundcard. I imagine there can be many other conflicts causing the trouble but I truly believe the drivers have a lot to do with this. If you feel like you're going to jump off a building or something, e-mail me before you do. I'll try my best to help. I have a pretty good understanding of the computer and I really feel that I could possiby help. I'm inhydepark@yahoo.com.

To you all at Atomix, you have designed a freekin awesome program here. This will surely change my life--you guys just have no idea! Thanks again--KUDOS!!!

Joko

Posted Tue 25 Sep 01 @ 10:16 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)