Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Different BPM's on 2 PC's

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I've been using an AMD k6-2 400, 265mb ram for Atomix.

I've just built a new PC, PIII 1Ghz, 512mb Ram. I thought I'd now use both pc's through my mixer to give me 4 decks.

If I drop a new MP3 into both Atomixes on the 2 pc's the 1Ghz always calculates the BPM to be faster than the 400, usually only by about 0.2 - 0.6 BPM difference but sometimes up to 1.4 and always faster. Why would this be, surely the BPM of a track is the BPM of a track and that's that.

It's not a problem, I'm just curious (which PC is calculating correctly).

And onto another issue. Being in charge of licensing for a large company and knowing how tricky it can be, do I need to purchase another Atomix for the second PC bearing in mind there is still only 1 user.

Posted Thu 06 Sep 01 @ 10:16 am
DJandyBHome userMember since 2001
Sadly I think that both of you machines are right.

I get the same thing on my machines I have a Cerlon 400 Compaq and and PIII 850 Laptop, the BPM's are quicker on the Laptop.

The reason I think, is that the speed the software plays the tunes at changes depending on the processor speed. Here is a good example.

When I start my Set at about eight, the system is fine as the the processor really starts to warm up after say half an hour I can hear the pitch/Tempo is out. (yes the laptop is plugged into the mains so it's not the battery going down) So the heat must be slowing the processor hence the problem.

Posted Thu 13 Sep 01 @ 12:55 am
Thanks for the reply. It wasn't really a problem I was just curious.

Posted Thu 13 Sep 01 @ 12:19 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)