Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Message to Yan-X Overlord....

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I wrote the topic "Master tempo" (the previous).
I have 3 question??

1)I really don't understand the function of master tempo.
2)What is the level output??? The average level of the song or the output level of the signal going out.
3)Why some songs don't match output level??
4)If you know some trips and tricks to mix better (configuration mode)
Thanks a lot

Francesco (ITALY)

Posted Sun 02 Sep 01 @ 5:54 pm
DJandyBHome userMember since 2001
OK so i'm not Yan-X Overlord

1. To understand Pitch, try getting a turntable and winding the record on (by hand if needed) the lyics "chipmunk" as described by the preivous reply.

2. The ouput level is the average volume level for that particular song, this only really attained after playing the entire song.

3. Ouput levels varey depending on the source, for exmaple if I encode a MP3 using my laptop it encodes at a diffrent level than my PC at home. If you download tunes then that added a further problem.

4. Tricks, If you insist on using the Automix playlist function which from your previous message you appear to do try the following :-

Choose songs that start with a nice bass line, the more definded this bass on the visual display at the top the easier the system will find to mix.

VoLUMe:-
To stop you continuous mix jumping all over the place volume wise do the following go to playlist copy all your MP3's into the playlist directory and play them. (this took about a week with my Mp3 collection) This will do three things, Add check the volume out, work out the BPM properly, and add them to the internal database. So then the volume will rremain constant......

Another trick with volume :-
Once automix has loaded, adjust the volume down to the middle of the sider and let the amp do the work. That way the system can adjust for quiter and louder Mp3's

Hope this helps....

DJandyB

Posted Wed 12 Sep 01 @ 2:42 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)