Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: possible bugs

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

DJ RickPRO InfinityMember since 2003
This is going to be tough to explain, but I'll try. I noticed it occassionally with 1.12, and I noticed it the other night with 2.0 about halfway through a 6 1/2 hour gig. First of all, I'm using Atomix 2.0 on a amd 800 sony viao laptop. I'm using a USB sound device for 1 output, and my on-board sound card as the other. These are plugged into a numark mixer, which is then powered through a qsc powerlite 800 watt amp. Atomix is configured as 2 sound cards to a mixer. (in the past this has happened when I was using just one sound card and a splitter, so I don't think it's related to the usb device). A few hours into the party I had a song playing on deck A, and had dropped a song onto deck B. With the headphones I was listening to deck B to match up the tracks for the upcoming mix. When I stopped the song playing in deck B to locate a better cue spot, it skipped a bit, then kept playing for maybe 3-4 seconds, then stopped at the point where I had previously cued it to, once it stopped I could hear on that channel in the headphones a click, click, click, about 5 seconds apart. After this happened for the rest of the night everytime I cued something on deck B, it was the exact same. When I pressed stop, it would skip, and play for 3-4 seconds, then return to the cue point and click, click, click. I'd be curious if any one else is having this problem, and how to prevent it. Upon re-boot and relaunch, all was fine. But the whole idea is to not have to carry CD's anymore.

I'm also noticing some weird (unrelated) stuff in the waitlist section regarding the scroll. As soon as I can figure out how to describe that I'll post again.
(BTW, this is not pissing and moaning, I'm just trying to nail down a possible problem. Hopefully I can figure out what's causing it and never have this problem again.)
I'm loving 2.0, enjoying the effects and skins, keep them coming.

Thanks for any input!!

Rick

Posted Wed 12 Dec 01 @ 10:11 pm
maxiusPRO InfinityMember since 2001
Hiya Rick! Your laptop came out with 64mb memory right? This could be the problem. I am using a laptop as well. Also with a USB soundcard in an external mixer and I had more and less the same problem before I upgraded to 256mb sdram.

dj maxius uk

Posted Fri 28 Dec 01 @ 12:56 am
DJ RickPRO InfinityMember since 2003
No, it's 128 ram. I don't think that's the problem tho. It's only happened a few times, but it's really irritating. I'm trying to watch out for when it happens, and figure out some common denominator. I'm suspecting perhaps it's a skin problem.... like if I change skins in the middle of a gig or something. I've been careful not to do that, and haven't had a repeat of the problem. When it happens again, I'll get a little closer to figuring it out.

Posted Fri 28 Dec 01 @ 8:27 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)