Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: Miss the CUE Points

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I wrote in german, because I can't talk english so mutch...hope u can translate it!

Ich vermisse die Anzeige der CuePunkte, in der version 1.2 wurde der eine CuePunkt in der Anzeige angezeigt in der man sehen kann wie weit das Lied gelaufen ist. Diese Funktion fehlt in der 2.0 und 2.1! Es währe toll wenn ihr das wieder einbauen könnt!

Chilloutfuchs

Posted Tue 11 Jun 02 @ 4:28 pm
I'm roughly translating this to something like:
"I miss the possibility to see how far from the cuepoints you are."

You can see the distance to the first cuepoint (the main Cue-button on most skins and also the one markeds Cue 1) as a difference i both time (seconds, minutes) and number of beats (assuming the skin you're using displays that info).
Sadly you can only see that information for the first cue-point.

I would find it rather confusing if those counters were relative to several different points in the song.. you'd have a hard time figuring out which (cue)point in the song the countdown is referring to.

Posted Wed 12 Jun 02 @ 12:13 pm
alholioHome userMember since 2001
Tick marks for the cue points along the time-left-colour-strip would be great!! And when the mouse hovers over these points it brings up notes that you have typed in about that cue-point, eg: beginning of break down, start of vocals etc...

Posted Thu 13 Jun 02 @ 7:28 am
That would be great! I second that idea!
..however I immediately started to think about how that would be incorporated into the skins and that might be a pain in the a** to make it look good.

Posted Thu 13 Jun 02 @ 9:32 am
GrimmPRO InfinityMember since 2003
The "Popup Help Ballons" come to mind. The skin maker would just select an appropiate font size and color to match thier skin. But some kind of visual indicator of the cue point on the time line would be nice.

Grimm

Posted Thu 13 Jun 02 @ 10:54 am
How about a thin vertical band of pixels in the bar is color-inverted.. very simple and it wouldn't demand much CPU-time to achieve..

Having a cuepoint-marker XML-element within the songpos-slider-element that would be skinable with variable width and custom graphics would be cool but it might increase the CPU-hoggage from the skin-engine.
(A custom-made I-bar cursor-graphic would be nice to put in a skin for example)

Posted Thu 13 Jun 02 @ 12:13 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)