Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Herc DJ Console jog wheel woes

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hi all,
I’m having BIG problems with the jog wheels, these include...
When playing, a deck will start playing fast/slow and when static will spontaneously play forwards/backwards.
When using the jog wheel to fine tune a mix while in play mode it will often waver giving a shaky/underwater sound.
Using the jog wheel to fine tune cue point can make the displayed (real) song position lurch forward/backwards.
I've even had one muted decks controller speed up/slowing down the playing decks speed.

It’s not a USB, power or vibration problem and the software seem to be ok (in this case anyway, just don’t mention “175 BPM” ;)

IMHO this seams to be a driver/firmware and maybe hardware problem. For me it freaks out every 3-6 tracks bad enough to make you sound like some clown (use it at a party? Yeah, look a prat in less than 10 min’s ;). And even when it doesn’t freak, it permanently limits what I can do with long mixes etc.

I tried posting to Hercules Tech sup, but have still not heard anything. So can anyone please tell me…..?
1, Is the DJ Console FULLY fixable?
2, When will it be fixed?
3, Should I try swapping my current one, or are they all the same?

Hope this can be sorted as, despite my problems, I think it could be great when working properly.

Posted Tue 16 Dec 03 @ 5:17 pm
djbambiPRO InfinityMember since 2003

Posted Tue 16 Dec 03 @ 5:35 pm
Thanx, I still can't help worry about waiting so long for a possible fix that I will lose any hope of a refund....
I Wish they could be more open. BTW anyone know why they closed Hercules own Forum? (http://forum.hercules.com/)

Posted Wed 17 Dec 03 @ 12:21 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)