Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: Virtual Vinyl!!!

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

While looking for Good DJ software, I came across a Terrible program with a really good idea, I mailed the staff at atomixmp3 and they seemed interested but haven't seen it yet. The program was called OTSJUKE, what they did, was while the mp3 was playing, you saw a virtual vinyl spinning, when you brought your mouse up to it, your curser turned to a small hand in which you could actually do a platter stop, or VIRTUAL SCRATCH the record in real time, and the Scratching sounded real good! Great Idea, come on Atomixmp3!

Posted Sat 07 Jul 01 @ 9:07 pm
Well i also found a program like this, it is called Tactile 12000, it is super good you can also grab the "record" and do what you want with it and it HAS a good mixing program. It is laid out like 2 turntables and a mixer...and if you dont have two sound cards you can use 1 speaker to play the main deck and the other speaker to monitor a song. BUT BEST OF ALL IT IS FREE. There are 2 downsides that i found and one is that the playlist is hard to use and sometimes the song will stop playing(i guess like the needle is falling outa place).

KOZY

PS i suggest you give it a try, i downloaded it from downloads.com

Posted Sun 08 Jul 01 @ 7:29 pm
For the tactile thingie : the intentions are right, the execution is crap.

For Otsjuke, I do like the built-in compressor. For the rest, I prefer the Atomix interface.
And for mixing, the beatmatch "magic" and reliability of Atomix are superior (except in the RAP/RNB area). The scratch-functionality is crap, nothing like the real thing, so wasting space in an overcrowded interface.

DJ Corpse

Posted Sun 08 Jul 01 @ 9:37 pm
I downloaded the OTSJUKE and the Virtual Scratch is not "crap" it is 95% accurate of a real turntable. If you read the documentation far enough when you hold down the CTRL key while scratching it mutes the backspin and if you hold down the SHIFT key while scratching it mutes the forward spin. I don't know if it is true, but I heard a rumor that Pioneer's new DIGITAL TURNTABLE (www.pioneerprodj.com) that sells for $1149 (MSRP $1299) stole the technology from OTSJUKE. You've got to see the demo on the Pioneer site! I would LOVE TO SEE Atomix copy and improve the scratch feature from OTSJUKE. The performance of the OTSJUKE depends upon your machine, it performed slightly better on my desktop than my laptop. I'm in the DJ and Radio business and have been using computer programs to DJ since 1990 and in 1996 went 90% computer based - 10% for backup.

Posted Tue 24 Jul 01 @ 7:44 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)