Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: VDJ Remix contest - Page: 1

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

DJ CyderPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2003
I just read about this on the site. A challange to vdj users to come up with a 1 minute mix and load it up to the site and if you win you get a free xp-10 controller what a deal. a short 1 minute mix is really challanging, but I'll see what I can come up with...

Posted Sun 14 Dec 03 @ 11:18 pm
rebelUKHome userMember since 2003
A 1min mix!? i thought that was a typing mistake......

Posted Mon 15 Dec 03 @ 10:55 am
That comes to about 8.57 seconds per song, for 7 songs.

Regards;

Redman247

Posted Mon 15 Dec 03 @ 1:15 pm
so its a bit like a megamix then, harder when u can only play a bit of a song, so ill have to pick the best parts of each tune to mix, do u have to use all of the tunes listed?

Posted Mon 15 Dec 03 @ 2:09 pm
I dont think you have to use all tracks.

Posted Mon 15 Dec 03 @ 5:54 pm
I'm only using 1 track I can't even get going inside of a min lol its a lot harder than I thought and to make matters worse it can only be one meg my last mix came out to be 900k at 128! geez at this rate I'm going to have to more with less...

Posted Tue 16 Dec 03 @ 2:00 am
Just uploaded my mix wish me luck...VDJ I found it impossible to make a 192 or 160 version of my mix 160 was 1.18 mb and 192 was 1.42mb I uploaded a 128 version but I do have a 192 and 160 version if you want me to send you that, I think the 1mb max is rediculious.

Posted Tue 16 Dec 03 @ 9:40 am
Unless you heard from some where else I see nothing that says you have to be in 1 MB to qualify I only see a 1 minute criteria. LQQk

Atomix Productions hold a mix contest with this month 5 VirtualDJ Pro controllers to win.

The rules are simple: you must use all or any of the selected titles, and mix them into a 1mn remix.
You will be judged on the artistic quality of the mix, as well as on the technical performance.
So do not hesitate to use the many features and effects from VirtualDJ to help produce a 'technical' mix.

The songs to be used this month are:
Alan Brax - Running
Lee Cabrera - Shake it
Junior Jack - E Samba
Laurent Wolf - Calinda
Benny Benassi - Satisfaction
Syndicate of Law - Right on Time
Laurent Wolf - Saxo

The mix must be received at the very latest before January 15th, but the sooner you submit it the more indulgent we will be in the notation.
The five best mixes will receive a VirtualDJ Pro controller.

It also doesn't say you have to use all of the songs, it says you can but you do not have to, it just has to be 1 minute.

Regards;

Redman247

Posted Tue 16 Dec 03 @ 10:19 am
Well im gonna have to use as many song as i can, in that 1min as i dont have alot of effects like yous do as im only a trial user, so cant get anymore

Posted Tue 16 Dec 03 @ 12:10 pm
I didn't follow the link off the main page, when it takes you a more detailed explaination of the contest, Here is what I saw there.

1Mb maximum

Your mix should be compressed in MP3 at 168 or 192 Kbs.
The mix should not excess 1mn, and the mp3 file should be less than 1Mb.

Sorry about the confusion all.

Regards;

Redman247

Posted Tue 16 Dec 03 @ 1:03 pm
Just had a quick shot of vdj, and i can fit 3 songs into a 1 min max, and u have to b fast...... :.(

Posted Tue 16 Dec 03 @ 2:08 pm
Being fast is an understatement! I decided to go with one track and hope for the best. 1mb gets me about a 33 second mix at 192 and 42 seconds at 160.

Posted Tue 16 Dec 03 @ 4:46 pm
OjLenoHome userMember since 2003
So we all need to know which limit is more important... 1MB or 1min. Which one is it?

Posted Tue 16 Dec 03 @ 7:21 pm
jukesyPRO InfinityMember since 2003
No problem, you teamers don't challenge us enough.

1 minute, should be fun.

Just like to say in response to this,

", but the sooner you submit it the more indulgent we will be in the notation."

please dont! My laptops out for repair again. (5th time this year) and my VJ and all my mp3's, are on that. This PC doesnt have any speakers and neither does it have any CD ripping software.

Jukesy

Posted Tue 16 Dec 03 @ 8:09 pm
I hope they recived my mix I didn't get any kind of conformation....

Posted Tue 16 Dec 03 @ 8:46 pm
Mines done, but i might do another one, got 3 tunes in it, the file size is 975kb and its on for a total of 1min 2 seconds, i cant convert mine into 168kbps just 160kbps, does that matter?

Posted Tue 16 Dec 03 @ 9:16 pm
I don't think the bit rate matters as much as the file size to them. Once you submit one you can't submit anymore.

Posted Wed 17 Dec 03 @ 6:47 pm
Aye i know, but i havent sent me first one in yet tho just incase i do a better one, how many ppl have went in for this contest, the less the better for me, hopefully only 5ppl including me :)

Posted Wed 17 Dec 03 @ 7:00 pm
I've entered so there is 2 now :)

Posted Wed 17 Dec 03 @ 9:33 pm
HomeboyPRO InfinitySupport ManagerMember since 2003
Only one mix should be uploaded. We will only accept one remix per user.

Posted Thu 18 Dec 03 @ 12:18 am
32%