Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: iMesh

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I have been told iMesh is fast if you get the right connect. The main reason I would use iMesh however would be the "groups" you connect to. Many of them require a certain number of files to be shared, but their content is supposed to be better than Kazaa.

My question is this:
Does anyone have any good "groups" to connect for hard trance? Or any favorite groups in general? Why don't we make our own?

What if we made an Atomix group, where your registered user/pass from the forums here or some other way could get you logged in to the sharing? We would have to implement a min. share, but I think this would be a great way for Atomix users to share their favorites songs and even their own atomix mixes. If we had half of our registered users, we could theoretically have a slection of several gigabytes or more. What do you think?

Posted Tue 17 Sep 02 @ 11:47 pm
Imesh has a lot of spyware bundled with the install.

Posted Wed 18 Sep 02 @ 9:10 am
Go to www.slsk.org and download the latest version of Soulseek. If you are in electronica, you won't a better source! Been using it since AG went down.

Posted Wed 18 Sep 02 @ 8:40 pm
Kazaa has a lot of spyware...

imesh claims on it's site that it is "spyware clean"

If we made an atomix group, we could all share the music that we love, and it would be a lot better than kazaa.

Posted Wed 18 Sep 02 @ 11:02 pm
Maybe imesh changed their tune since I had it about a year ago. It had spyware called cydoor back then. Also the program caused my PC to Blue screen all the time. I uninstalled it and all was fine. I don't like Kazza either. Use either Winmx or Soulseek as both are great programs. Soulseek always seems to come through with tons of hard to find techno trax. Winmx has tons of users.

Posted Thu 19 Sep 02 @ 5:27 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)