Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Laptop and Second Sound Card

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I just purchased the software and can't find a sound card that can be installed in addition to the built-in one. Does anyone know if there is a sound card that can be plugged into the USB or PCMCIA port? Please be specific about the manufacture and model. If there isn't any, that will mean that I cannot monitor a session with my headphone. Thanks in advance.

Posted Tue 17 Sep 02 @ 6:00 pm
DJ RickPRO InfinityMember since 2003

Posted Tue 17 Sep 02 @ 7:16 pm

Posted Tue 17 Sep 02 @ 7:17 pm
Impressionsdj,

Hi, picking your brain.....the device you describe, when plugged into your USB port acts as a second soundcard?? If so, this would then enable me to listen to two separate tracks i.e. one thru the headset and one thru my hi-fi???

Please tell me so

Liam

Posted Tue 17 Sep 02 @ 11:36 pm
The way I use it is the laptop sound card goes in to channel 3 on my mixer, the usb device (which indeed acts just like a 2nd sound card) goes into channel 4 on my mixer. I've never tried to use just a headphone from either the computer, or the usb device. The way I have it configured I don't think it would do what you are asking. I have it set for 2 sound cards and a mixer. If you set your configuration for 2 sound cards, and the speaker/headphone setting it may do what you are trying to do. I don't know for sure though. Hopefully someone who does know will read this thread and tell you.
I use the headphone jack on the mixer, so I have never needed to set it up the way you are doing it.

I hope you can find out.

Rick

Posted Wed 18 Sep 02 @ 12:17 am
Cheers for the speedy reply, fair enough you haven't had the need to do so......anyone else?

Liam

Posted Wed 18 Sep 02 @ 12:51 am
Thanks a lot. I will try to shop around for the headset. The problem is that I am in China and it might not be as easy to find those products as elsewhere.

Posted Wed 18 Sep 02 @ 4:21 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)