Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: Herc. DJ Console ideas

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

OjLenoHome userMember since 2003
After using the console for about a week, and getting one that actually works right, I came to the realization that it would be really really really cool if we could adjust the sensitivities or effects of the crossfader slider, joystick, and jogwheels. As I mentioned before, I find it difficult to scratch accurately with the joystick because its super sensitive.

When a deck is paused or stopped, I can scratch using the jogwheel, however this is also difficult because the wheel is not sensitive enough (ie. to get a decent scratch effect I have to Quickly turn the jogwheel almost 180 degrees and back, which makes it difficult to keep your finger from slipping off or turning the jog wheel the wrong way on the way back [ie making a complete circle]).

And the controller I got has this little tiny issue where the crossfader sider will not slide VDJ's slider all the way to the right (its just one notch away from right, so sound leaks over to the left deck).

So, it would be cool if you could have like a little tab in VDJ's settings for control calibration or control sensitivity, and if we take the crossfader as an example, you could have VDJ's crossfader (software) respond 100%/110%/ or 125% to what the hardware crossfader is doing (which would eliminate my problem of not being able to slide VDJ's crossfader all the way to the right.

One more thing... I was having trouble trying to do this in the console mapper, but when you press cue 1, 2, or 3 (on the console) while the deck is playing something, it goes to the corresponding cue AND STOPS the song; wheras when you use the keyboard, if the active deck is in play and you press #1-9, it will go to the corresponding cue AND continue playing. So I'm not sure if theres a way to do that through the mapper, but it would be cool if you could press a cue button on the console while a song is in play and have it keep playing.

Thanks.

Posted Fri 12 Dec 03 @ 7:56 pm
they need to make the scratch work with the jog wheels

Posted Wed 24 Dec 03 @ 6:31 pm
djlarsPRO InfinityMember since 2003
I guess scratch with Herc jogwheels wont be possible, if you check notepad with a profile mapped to jogwheels you se the letters appearing are way to few to get a real scratch effect.
This is the actual output frequency of the rotary decoder.

A backspin from pause can be made to sound nice (2-3 turns back with a flip at the wheels), but I think these wheels will ever just be a tool to set an accurate cue/paused point..

/L

Posted Mon 05 Jan 04 @ 2:48 am
but turning fast gives you more numbers, so i don't understand why you say it would not be possible

the jog dial gives the numbers, but the software can detect the speed of the numbers, it's just a software issue and it's possible.

regards,

Bart

Posted Thu 08 Jan 04 @ 12:17 am
djzeroPRO InfinityMember since 2003
i personally think that the team chose not to allow the console to scratch because it would limit the market for the pro controller. the idea of a lite controller is that it wont do everything that the pro controller will do. you get what you pay for, if you want somthing that will scratch you've got to pay for it. it was made perfectly clear before the launch of the console that it would not support scratching.

Posted Sat 10 Jan 04 @ 1:16 pm
HomeboyPRO InfinitySupport ManagerMember since 2003
Please check my scratching post on the Hercules DJconsole forum on this site. Its possible !

Posted Wed 14 Jan 04 @ 9:22 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)