Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Proposed Ideas for Atomix 2.2...

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

First off... I LOVVVVVE Atomix!!! You people behind the scenes all deserve tons of props and respect! You are simply amazing - all the coders, the betatesters, everyone...

I would like to share some (more) ideas for VERY useful wish-list features.

The right-clicking cut for everything is useful as F***! however, i often find that it is simply too abrupt. Perhaps you could just write an option (or a shortcut) that would turn the normal cut (still leave it as a possibility) into more of an EXTREMELY fast slide. IE - instead of going from 100% bass - 0%, go from 100-90-80-70-60-50-40-30-20-10-0: and progressing faster as the numbers go down. Much like actually doing it by hand. This should eliminate the "clicking" that often occurs using this feature, especially if you don't click it perfectly with the beat. ;)

I also propose (and this would help for EVERYONE, mixing EVERY styles) to be able to change the colors on the 'Visual Mix Window' [without DL'ing a new skin], and in addition, it is imperative that there be a "tapping" BPM counter WITHIN Atomix. It would also be more helpful if you could incorporate this into the visual counter. IE - tap the beat on the visual graph, and then have it highlight the TRUE beats (for example, green and red) and then it would be SIMPLE to mix by hand. Of course, for this to work, it should save THIS true bpm (calculated for at least 20 sec) and apply it to the whole song (and the bpm portion of the song info).

However, one thing that would be the ULTIMATE - as someone else has already proposed - is the idea of being able to set up macros that would enable multiple operations at the same time. I believe that this should be fairly simple to do. This could be done simply by having the program analyze the state that it currently is in (including all of the eq settings). This could then be preset A. Then you could, say, turn the treble and midrange totally off, and then record preset B. Then have a simple user-defined choice between a common operation (like you have with the crossfade options) to set between the macro. Like a "smooth" gradual fade from A (full eq) to B (no mid or treble). You set your own time to apply it for (the length to go from A - B). Of course, with multiple operations like this (IE multiple macros), this could be amazingly useful and the possibilities endless!! You could set up a macro to take out the midrange and treble, and then another one to preset a specific crossfading technique or bass or midrange on the other deck!! It would be phenomenal if you could set up more than 2 variables too, like 4-5. But 2 would be VERY doable. I'm an amateur programmer and I'm sure it couldn't be THAT hard to do! (One would only have to analyze how macros work!)

Not working with vinyl, i'm not positive as to how scratching is accomplished. I know it has to do with lots of different crossfading techniques and patterns (in addition to selecting the right portion of a song to scratch). I propose shortcuts (that you either hold or press to alter the EQ of the digitized scratching - like press T and it raises the tone) and to also do certain patterns X-fading automatically matched to the beat of the other deck...

I have had other ideas, but they escape me at the moment. People, feel free to comment and expand. This program is AMAZING as is, but with these options, it would be out of this world, and nothing would be stopping the evolution of the CJ (computer jockey)'s!!!! ;)

PLUR,
~~CJ Myllennium~~

Posted Sat 15 Jun 02 @ 9:18 pm
for me the most important is a keyboard shortcut for songpositioning (that way i can fully work with the keyboard instead of using the mouse) and of course a sound processor would be nice... Macro's is a good idea too...

Posted Sun 16 Jun 02 @ 12:47 pm
I would love a button and or a shortcut key that would change to visualisation colours to transparent so that it appears that it is not there but you can still use the window to change the song positions. Currently I just code 2 skins one with the beat windows normal and one which they are transparent.

Posted Sun 16 Jun 02 @ 2:23 pm
manuelHome userMember since 2002
3 words...
improve soundengine
atomix has imo everything its needs to have, just that it sucks that after 30 minutes mixing you get choppy music,just make the engine more stable , less cpu hog ( even though it is kinda slim) but more is better :)

Posted Mon 17 Jun 02 @ 11:00 am
Macros would be usefull.. especially if that timesynced replay-thingy was introduced..

@Cooldirkth: I assume you mean scan/search-buttons when you mention songpositioning?
I find the cue-point-shortcuts combined with a Play-shortcut on the same button very usefull but I would like to see some kind of visual indication as discussed in a post in the wishlist-section.

@manuel: hate to point this out to you but "improve soundengine" adds up to TWO words, no more no less ;)

Posted Mon 17 Jun 02 @ 12:35 pm
about the cue point shortcuts, it only works if you have already precued each song you want to play live if you know what i mean... If you haven't, it is impossible to mix without the mouse becaue then you have to search with the mouse on the songpos-bar... And i don't want to precue each song... :::::::: The Numark Controller can search quickly through a song, so why not the keyboard???

Posted Mon 17 Jun 02 @ 6:31 pm
How about the ability to completely crossfade and start the second track at the same time (you can't do two things at once with the mouse)?

Posted Tue 18 Jun 02 @ 3:51 am
2 words @ DJ Bob: keyboard shortcuts...

unless you have a gigantic trackball like 3 feet in diameter and need both hands to control your cursor you can always press the playbutton via the keyboard.. start using shortcuts :o)

Posted Tue 18 Jun 02 @ 9:10 am
improving soundquality is idd necesairy
and the scratch thing can be better, like in traktor just select the movement of the track (spin, backspin, ...) speed and with one click you have a profesional spin

but 2.1 rocks too :p

Posted Tue 25 Jun 02 @ 2:02 am
I think that 2.2 should have what the Denon DN-D9000
has on it... Check this thing out.. it has a sampler built into it where you can save a loop then play it back over the same song! you can even scratch the loop! Now thats tight!

Posted Thu 27 Jun 02 @ 8:05 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)