Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: illegal users

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Why don't you guys (from the atomix team) make the add-ons section only accesible to people who purchased atomixmp3, that would be a small improvement in your fight against illegal use of the software...

Posted Sat 15 Jun 02 @ 12:51 am
I agree, and disagree. One good idea for keeping out the ilegal users. But what about the demo users. I have not purchased the full, but am not using and ilegal version of Atomixmp3. The only reason i do not have the full version, is because i don't need it. I just use atomix for my own personal amusement. I am a bedroom dj, and have no need for the full. So it would not be fair for memebers to ONLY access the addon section.

Its just what i think

Posted Sat 15 Jun 02 @ 1:36 am
Good idea. In the future, the trial would contain some skins ans some effects. What do you think about this?

Posted Sat 15 Jun 02 @ 8:32 am
yes that way the trial users will be happy too

Posted Sat 15 Jun 02 @ 11:23 am
We will???
I'm a die-hard 2.1trial-user and SKINNER.. and if I could only use the effects available at launchtime (=the ones for the OLDER version as the new ones aren't done yet) and I wouldn't be able to use/make skins then I would probably just uninstall the demo and forget all about ever using it again...

However, at present time I would consider buying it in 2 seconds flat if I ever were in need of a DJ-proggie like this and had the money to buy it.. simply because I know pretty much what the real deal can do (a bit worried about all these reports of problems with the preview-fader and 3D cards not being supported though..)

Posted Sat 15 Jun 02 @ 12:51 pm
ikkeHome userMember since 2003
If you make it only accessible for registered users, trail users who (try to) make effects or skins or language files or what-so-ever wouldn't be able to make it public...

Posted Sat 15 Jun 02 @ 12:56 pm
First off all ... they should get rid of ALL the 2.0 skins available for download. That way, anyone who is using the 2.0 full will be f*cked over when they'll want to change the nasty default skin. That way they're stuck with it.

Secondly ... it is a GREAT idea letting only registered users access EFFECTS !!!! You should definately look into that .... but ONLY the effects. Everyone should be allowed access to the skins, languages, etc. Look at tommy .... he's a trial user ... but produces skins (or sometime soon =S) which is a benefit.

Third .... what do you think is better .... A Full featured demo which has a time limit of 30 mins .... or a demo where the features are limited with no time limit ?

triplikeido.

Posted Sat 15 Jun 02 @ 5:51 pm
not like it's hard to illegally use atomix. 2.1 is readily available if you search for like 2 minutes on the net. but people like me actually like atomix and want the product to survive and keep coming out with new versions.

Posted Sun 16 Jun 02 @ 5:46 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)