Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Gemini KL10 Pro or BEHRINGER VMX200

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

vlk72Home userMember since 2002
I am trying to decide with one of the two mixers (found them at the same price), any suggestions / experience ?
Thanks a lot

Posted Tue 04 Jun 02 @ 11:20 am

Posted Tue 04 Jun 02 @ 2:37 pm
DJ RickPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Well if you already recognise that you made a mistake and bought a "cheap one", and are looking to upgrade, I'd go with at least a Numark. I don't want to just come right out and say stay away from this brand or that brand, that'd be wrong.... but I've had some very bad experiences with one of the brands that you are thinking about. However, I've never messed around with any Behringer equipment before, so I can't comment on that one. But that name brand has always struck me as budget DJ equipment. You should be able to get something halfway decent for less than $300.00 US. If you can't find a Numark that you like, I have had some remarkably good experience with AmericanDJ products.

Good Luck man!! Happy shopping.

Posted Tue 04 Jun 02 @ 3:49 pm
ahhhhhhh .... mixer shopping ...... memories !!!

GO with the behringer. Their DX seriers was really good ... their VMX series is even better !! Gemini makes crap products (considering what the others have to offer) ... except for the UMX series. Drop me a line - dap@idirect.ca

Posted Tue 04 Jun 02 @ 3:51 pm
Got the message, 'stay away from Gemini' ;-)

Posted Tue 04 Jun 02 @ 4:24 pm
Behringer sucks just as much.

My suggestion, Stanton RM Series.

Or a Pioneer. But then you're looking at pricey.

Posted Wed 05 Jun 02 @ 3:57 am
OK when someone is considering a kl10 and a vmx200 ... they are obviously on a smaller budger and purchasing this as their first mixer. Pioneer would be out of the question.

Rick (impressions) is right. You should really not listen to "this brand sucks", etc. DO this: Read and post in other forums .. send emails ... ask around ... talk to people who have had those actual mixers and can give you an honest opinion. Ebay can be an awesome place to buy mixers (i bought all 3 of mine off of there), but beware. If there are any signs of wear and tear (scratches, static in the faders) don't bother with it.

good luck.

Posted Wed 05 Jun 02 @ 6:08 am

Hey man, the Behringer Vmx series mixers are extremely good. This is one of the traditional brands from UK ( hi end Professional stage consoles ), like Allen & Heath and as i know, it`s one of the best. You can use enyone from Behringer through years without problems. Any one from Gemini it`s sucks. I`ve had a lot of problems with a Gemini Mixer once before.

Posted Wed 05 Jun 02 @ 6:33 am
that behringer is a cool one. i don't have it, but the specs seem pretty solid. don't go with that gemini... i certainly wouldn't reccommend it. everyone thinks i'm nuts, but i actually purchased a Gemini mixer. I got a UMX 7. i know gemini has a bad rap and rightfully so. but i took the time to research this line. i believe that Gemini just discontinued it a few months ago... not becuz it sucks, but so they can start working on brand new mixers. just like chevy might have great cars (just an example), but you can't exactly go to a dealer and ask to buy a car that was made in 1971.

but anyways, if you're going to go for a Gemini, either take a look at the UMX line or go with the CS-19 or maybe one from the PS series. but dude, unless you want trouble, don't go with the kl10 pro. honestly, check out the umx line. you'll be surprised, and if you hunt, you can find a really sweet deal on it.

Posted Wed 05 Jun 02 @ 8:56 am
Go with Behringer! I have the VMX 300 and it works great!! I especially Love the ULTRAGLIDE crossfader!! Believe me, I have had a few Behringer mixers (and other Behringer equipment) and they are not crap, like someone said. They might not be the best, but for the price you cant go wrong!

If you have money to spend, which it doesnt sound like you do, then go for Pioneer or Vestax, etc.

TreborTrax

Posted Wed 05 Jun 02 @ 2:06 pm
END OF THE STORY
got the BEHRINGER VMX200, looks and feel great, still have to connect it, will let you know ;-)

Posted Wed 05 Jun 02 @ 2:44 pm
D'accord .... agreed ...... DEFINATELY go with the behringer. They make solid stuff !!!!!!!!!!

Posted Thu 06 Jun 02 @ 4:55 am
No regret, is a quality mixer and you can feel it, sounds is great, lots of features, there is everything I need and even more, also the Q sound feature is really cool ;-)
Vote 9/10

Posted Thu 06 Jun 02 @ 10:55 am
How much did you pay for the Behringer Mixer????
I'm also very interested in the mixer but still doubting.

YDC

Posted Fri 07 Jun 02 @ 8:02 pm
£ 119

Posted Tue 11 Jun 02 @ 3:10 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)