Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Mp3PRO

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Atomixmp3 support Mp3PRO??

Posted Wed 24 Apr 02 @ 4:25 pm
what is mp3pro?

Posted Wed 24 Apr 02 @ 9:05 pm
DJtalonHome userMember since 2001
no, for the last time, cause nobody uses mp3 pro except you.

Posted Wed 24 Apr 02 @ 9:43 pm
GrimmPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Especially since "MP3Pro" is crap audio meant for the solid state, limited memory portable mp3 players on the market.

If you want real audio compression, support Ogg Vorbis.

Grimm

Posted Thu 25 Apr 02 @ 11:27 am
Amen, brother!
.ogg kicks ass when you're talking compression/audioquality :)

Posted Thu 25 Apr 02 @ 1:29 pm
mp3pro.com

Posted Thu 25 Apr 02 @ 3:16 pm
I download a lot of music through the internet, and most of them are in mp3pro.
If atomix won't build a plugin for this, can somedy tell me how i can turn mp3pro-files in normal mp3?

i think mp3pro is good, but you have to play in an mp3pro player, otherwise the quality is bad

greetz,

DJ LT

Posted Thu 25 Apr 02 @ 11:39 pm
GrimmPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Want to know why you have to use mp3"pro" in its own player, and why it sounds like crap when played in anything else?

Because of the way mp3"pro" is encoded, it filters all frequencies above a set kHz (12 I think, maybe less). When you play it the mp3"pro" file through a "pro" capable player, it "similulates" the missing high frequency range. So what you hear in a regular mp3 player is what is really encoded. Crap audio meant for limited memory applications.

And given that mp3"pro" is RIAA friendly, the resulting unencoded file would more then likely sound just like what you hear through a regular mp3 player. Crap.

Get AudioGalaxy and download real mp3's.

Posted Fri 26 Apr 02 @ 12:40 pm
and the license for the mp3pro is very expensive !!!, try to imagine atomix with this license, wooo more than 60 € !!!

Posted Fri 26 Apr 02 @ 12:55 pm
Hello,

I'm wondering when I see messages speaking about $$ for the licence. I use Mp3 pro with Winamp and the FREE plugin for MP3 PRO.

This said it would be great to be able to use this plugin in Atomix too !

JLP

Posted Sat 11 May 02 @ 2:42 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)