Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Looping

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Is it possible to make looping like on CD players, A-B, and not by beats like it is now, because sometimes it is hard to loop a section exactly the way you want it. Also the melodic parts in trance songs are too long for 8 beat looping, so at least there should be 16 beat looping.

cheerz!
Rave Master

Posted Wed 27 Mar 02 @ 5:30 pm
DJtalonHome userMember since 2001
I agree, 16 beat looping would be nice. If you're feeling like a hack, you can manually set the BPM to half and then an 8-beat loop becomes 16 :D

Posted Wed 27 Mar 02 @ 8:56 pm
Dammit ....... Talon ....... I would have never thought about that !!!!!!

Posted Wed 27 Mar 02 @ 10:53 pm
Does it work good ?

Posted Wed 27 Mar 02 @ 10:53 pm
I actually found that out by playing some happy hardcore songs, which often detect at half BPM.

So instead of an 8-beat loop of 170BPM (2.82 second loop), you do an 8-beat loop at 85BPM (5.64 second loop).

By this, actually, we know the Atomix Engine is capable of looping longer chunks of sound....

Posted Wed 27 Mar 02 @ 11:07 pm
yep, why does atomix only dectect half of the bpm for happycore tunes?

Posted Thu 28 Mar 02 @ 1:20 am
I found a way to get the perfect BPM of every song... download PCDJ red, cause PCDJ have an automatic or if you are an expert (like me) a manual BMP calculating. 2nd when you find the BPM in PCDJ insert this in Ur' atomix.

P.D. with PCDJ you can get 1/2, 1/4, 1/8,ect. of the BPM.

Posted Thu 28 Mar 02 @ 2:14 am
i've cut bpm's in half a lot to get longer loops. i think that was one of the first things i did it'll screw you up tho for the next song that you try to bring in if you use atomix' beatmatch. oh well, you take the bad with the good. i've had atomix calculate a lot of my jungle tracks exactly half of what they're supposed to be. that makes it easy for me so then all i have to do is just double that to get the real bpm and not mess around with it to manually adjust it

Posted Thu 28 Mar 02 @ 2:56 am
HomeboyPRO InfinitySupport ManagerMember since 2003
I think that just allowing us to set the loop where we want and stop it where we want would be much better.

DJ Homeboy

Posted Thu 28 Mar 02 @ 9:43 am
i second that motion... it could snap to the nearest beat to where you say

Posted Fri 29 Mar 02 @ 1:21 am
crundlePRO InfinityMember since 2003
I agree... If it knows the bpm, then it can calculate roughly where the 16th beat will fall, then loop when it gets there.
If it can do the 16 beat loop by halving the bpm, it should be able to do it in normal bpm, but maybe this isn't how it calculates the loop function. Anyone from atomix wish to clear this up?

great product overall, just needs the 16 beat loop.....

Posted Fri 29 Mar 02 @ 11:15 am
I bet the problem is that many 16-beat loops take up too much memory...

Posted Sat 30 Mar 02 @ 1:17 am
hi!
i would like to know if atomix can loop tracks infinitely?
like some drum loops i have, they don't fit into the 4,8 beat loops on atomix and its hard to loop them. can atomix just loop short tracks? it would help very much

Posted Thu 28 Nov 02 @ 7:50 am
SyfoonHome userMember since 2001
I'd kill to see 32beat looping...

As most trance/house tracks are written in "chunks" of 32 or 64 beats. Being able to loop a whole section would be cool ;)

But, it wont happen, would require dirty amounts of RAM.. heh

Posted Thu 28 Nov 02 @ 8:43 am
I've been trying out the demo of Atomix for a while now, and one of the most anoying things about it is the lack of 16-beat loops. I normally use Traktor DJ 2, which allows this form of looping, and I do not believe that supporting longer loops will cause the developers any serious trouble.

Posted Fri 21 Feb 03 @ 10:51 am
Slash4PRO InfinityMember since 2003
A 16 or 32 beat loop require a very large amount of RAM, not everybody can afford 256 or 384 Mo... Last time we talk about over-sizing the loops its in this way we were answered.

The loop engine of Atomix isn't yet optimized for long loops... it needs time to manage this. ;-) Maybe for a next release ?

Slash

Posted Fri 21 Feb 03 @ 11:05 am
jukesyPRO InfinityMember since 2003
I definately support making looping points. There are a few add on effects that do this. Would it be possible to mix the sample function with the loop funtion. i.e. what I mean is it would be ace if you could sample a section of tune, say max 20 seconds long, 1) on the fly or 2) before you start the mix and create loop points. Then you could drop these loops over tunes, or loop a song in-between 2 points. Doing this either on the deck if looping or on a third sampler channel if droping in a sample. That way if you recorded a sample on the fly you know it is at the right bpm. It would also be very much appreciated to have the option of a third deck, as swapping screens when using multi-instance is a pain. It would be awesome to see three or four waveforms on one screen. (dont all have to be in same window). Cheers
Jukesy

Posted Fri 21 Feb 03 @ 9:46 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)