Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Laptop to mixer - Page: 1

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

I'm a pc dj virgin,

And I need assistance with finding a "pucker connector to go from laptop to mixer.
I've been told to try Gigaport AG. Is there a less pricey option, but competent alternative?
And when I find a suitable connector, will I have to do any configuring/ sound alterations on my laptop?
My laptop's sound card is SiS 7018(?), does it matter?

Thanking you in advance.

The GAFA

Posted Mon 08 Dec 03 @ 6:55 pm
DJ RickPRO InfinityMember since 2003
I use a laptop to work 3-5 times every week (work = DJ) in bars and clubs. I simply use the single on board headphone output from the sound card. I plug in a stereo splitter. (a cable with a headphone type mini jack on one end, and 2 rca connectors on the other end)
I plug the headphone jack into the laptop's output, then on the other end, I use a Y splitter to split each of the single rca jacks to 2 rca jacks. I then plug these 2 y-split ends into 2 seperate channels on my mixer. You get mono output, but in most bars, having a full stereo output won't make a difference anyway due to speaker configuration.
Then in your sound configuration options, select the single sound card, and the mixer.

Posted Mon 08 Dec 03 @ 7:26 pm
I'm using a USB sound card from Hercules : Muse Pocket.

5.1 card perfect for plug a mixer, she look good, she have a really good sound, and she really easy to install and plug !

Posted Mon 08 Dec 03 @ 9:36 pm
docPRO InfinityMember since 2020
Radio Shack sells the cable with the sound card jack on one end and it has two rca's on the other end.

Posted Tue 09 Dec 03 @ 5:18 pm
Consider buying the Echo Indigo DJ.Excellent sound and sticks in your Cardbus slot.

Posted Fri 12 Dec 03 @ 8:04 pm
bonne année 2004,j'ai un probleme avec mon pc dell dimension 8300,3ghz,1024mo de ram,carte vidéo ati 9800 pro
128,carte son intégrée sur la carte mére.le logiciel djmix station 2(virtual dj) freeze l'image du logiciel quand je l'utilise.
apres avoir mis à jour le pc:
update carte vidéo:catalyst 3.10 xp(ati)
directx......>9
win xp...........à jour
mes problemes sont toujours presents:les fenetres de :musique,search,fx,...,set ,se superposent à l'ecran ,les
potentiometres linéaires sont paralysés,malgré que la souris
agit à leurs places.les potentiometres rotatifs ne sont pas gelés.la fenetre de rythme,ne fontionne pas non plus..........!!

qestion:est-ce grave docteur ?
que faire ?

merci,de bien vouloir me repondre.
nb:j'ai acheté ce logiciel le 22 dec 2003.

Posted Fri 02 Jan 04 @ 12:06 am
I am using the new Numark CM200USB Mixer!! This has 2 built in soundcards and is a fantastic bit of kit for any mobile or club dj

just connect the mixer with the 2 supplied USB leads and it works fantastic. this mixer costs around £200.00.

Well worth it as a new mixer uprade

Posted Thu 07 Jul 05 @ 7:49 pm
frd1963PRO InfinityMember since 2004
@haimdicckey:

Sounds like you have serious issues possibly with your OS. Everything seems to be just freezing up as if the system is overworked, but yet it's got a 3Ghz and a good amount of RAM. Try reinstalling XP if possible and get the latest DirectX (currently 9.0c). also get the latest version of VDJ available to Home Users.
If you still have problems after that, open a new topic of the main page to get more exposure. If you don't do English, then you might get more help from la Forum Fracaise (but of course then you wouldn't be reading this ;)

Posted Thu 07 Jul 05 @ 10:52 pm
I use the Numark DXM01 USB mixer! Excellent value for money. Has two usb cables for eash channel with full duplex mode for also recording your mixes into the computer..ie, the usb cables use a feature called full duplex which can SEND and RECIEVE information from the mixer.
www.etronics.com for best price on that mixer!
regards,
aditya

Posted Fri 08 Jul 05 @ 8:11 am
HaywardPRO InfinityMember since 2005
Does the mixer then control VDJ's mixer onscreen?
I don't understand how the external mixtables work or control VDJ.

Posted Wed 13 Jul 05 @ 12:50 pm
You need the Hercules DJ Console to also control the buttons and sliders of VDJ.

Posted Wed 13 Jul 05 @ 1:49 pm
djejPRO InfinityMember since 2004
External mixers don't control VDJ. Sound out from your computer goes to the mixer, the sound out from your mixer goes to your amplifier. You leave VDJ crossfader in the middle the whole time. Hope that helps you understand. The hercules and DAC-2 are external controllers that do interact with VDJ but your "normal" external mixer doesn't.

Posted Wed 13 Jul 05 @ 4:29 pm
HaywardPRO InfinityMember since 2005
Thats just what I needed to know, I ordered the HDJ console today.
Thanks for the help.

Posted Wed 13 Jul 05 @ 7:39 pm
i connected to the mixer and put it on the single card and mixer option.... whole program froze, when i return to the single card and speaker it works fine... what should i do next!??

Posted Tue 19 Jul 05 @ 10:19 pm
Viper Tech

It don't work with the trial version. To use an external mixer you need the full version purchased on the web site (not a cracked one with bugs)

Posted Wed 20 Jul 05 @ 12:09 am
Hi could somebody please explain how to set up the setting,i am useing Virtual Dj ,A Siemens laptop to mixer running a external sound card Mya Ex 5 ""2 inputs ''6 outputs... I get the sound to work no problem ,but the problem is with the cueing of the headphones,i cant hear both at the same time.,. Would appreciate if you could tell me how to config ,which setting to set in Virtual Dj,',also maybe give me a breakdown on running the cables from the sound card,,to the mixer...Hope this doesnt sound to stupid,much appreciated
Thanks Dj graham[Musicmatch]

Posted Sun 14 Aug 05 @ 11:49 pm
Hi could somebody please explain how to set up the setting,i am useing Virtual Dj ,A Siemens laptop to mixer running a external sound card Mya Ex 5 ""2 inputs ''6 outputs... I get the sound to work no problem ,but the problem is with the cueing of the headphones,i cant hear both at the same time.,. Would appreciate if you could tell me how to config ,which setting to set in Virtual Dj,',also maybe give me a breakdown on running the cables from the sound card,,to the mixer...Hope this doesnt sound to stupid,much appreciated
Thanks Dj graham[Musicmatch]

Posted Sun 14 Aug 05 @ 11:49 pm
Dj XeoPRO InfinityMember since 2005

Posted Mon 15 Aug 05 @ 2:33 am
Dj XeoPRO InfinityMember since 2005
oh and no im not as fat and bald as that guy

Posted Mon 15 Aug 05 @ 2:34 am
Hi thanks for your response & the pic,hope your not as fat & bald ,I know about useing the pfl on the mixer,that i have tried various times,you mentioned to use monitor to monitor,please explain ? i have tried setting the sound card to various setting but to no luck as yet..Frustrating maybe i should try what one of the member mentioned ,useing the headphone output into y splitter into two seperate channels even it will be in mono,beats the object of having bought a external sound card.dont know why this is difficult to sort out..good old days just connect your Turntable/Cd players into your mixer and bobs your uncle !!!!
Thanks Dj graham[musicmatch]

Posted Mon 15 Aug 05 @ 11:51 pm
80%