Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Mama - moderators, owners

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I’m not sure if you are the owner of this software but I’m sure that you know what all the reasons are behind the delay. Mama, I respect you and your great piece of software for all its worth till Death do us part. I’m not here to fight but to discuss, if you like, some thoughts. Not that’s its any of my business but lets see how you respond.

In your mind, what is the best way to approach the people in this Forum regarding the delay of the next release? If there is definitely a new release on its way, would you not agree to tell people something else besides “wait, we are working on it!”

Transparency is a very powerful way of winning your unhappy customers over. What is the reason for not been transparent?

Look, there are a few people in this Forums that say very nasty things that they would not say to you face to face. Abusive language is NOT acceptable and is not very constructive. If there, in my eyes, any way you could help these people carm down is to be a little more transparent.

EXAMPLE: (This is what I would say)

Yes, we are presently experiencing problems regarding………….. and if anyone has any expeience or suggestion regarding this problem, please help. Our plan is to have this sorted out ASAP. We are committed to releasing an update but please, we are doing the best we can.

Anyway, just a thought

Sasha M

Posted Fri 07 Sep 01 @ 1:32 pm
mamaPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Thanks a lot Sasha, that´s the kind of discussion, I want to take part!

First of all, let me say:
Yan-X, Dams and mama ARE NOT the owners of AtomixMP3! We are only happy and LOYAL users they want to support two guys in france, coding this great piece of software. If anyone would understand this, they would not only show us some respect, they´ld excuse for what they´ve told us. We are only some guys like you with a bit more information who invest a lot of their time in supporting AtomixMP3.

I really understand and agree with you that it is the best to keep you all informed, but at the moment, we REALLY, REALLY can´t give you informations. It doesn´t help us and these users who wants to get help here, if you all block the forum with such posts.

If you finally really understand that we aren´t the owners, you would understand, that we would love to share all we know with you, but it´s impossible at the moment. Can you please accept this!

I know, this isn´t the answer, you wanted to hear, but at the moment, I can´t give you another one. I´ll explain you why, when the time comes.

We, the team (not the owners), discussed to post at least a screenshot of the beta for you to see, that there IS a beta and there ARE people working on the release. But what would it change? Some of you would be happy and stop posting messages, others would go on and force the posts and insults.

As you can see, I don´t want you all to leave AtomixMP3 and I really respect all of you. I also respect anyone who can´t agree with this, unfortunately for the moment, intransparent policy, if they express it friendly and respectful as we also try to be, not like "f... you, dictators, assh....", and so on.

I hope you understand me, and I think, I speak in the name of the whole support team.

Peace
mama

Posted Fri 07 Sep 01 @ 6:01 pm
Good message Sasha, and I do agree with you. I don't understand why the above users can't tell us what's going on but I suppose they have to do as the coders ask. It will be very intersting to find out the reason why eventually. Pity the coders don't read these forums....

Anyway, enough of that, I'm afraid the topic in which you referred to your radio interview with a man in the software industry was deleted so I do not know how it stands regarding your getting the interview online.

I'm sure there are lots more people who would like to hear it. Did you agree in the ned to send email details to another user on that forum? Just wondering.

Hope to hear from you soon,

Cheers.

Posted Fri 07 Sep 01 @ 6:36 pm
mamaPRO InfinityMember since 2003
If it was posted in the topic pointed to me, I excuse. I deleted the topic, because it´s not a forum about me.

Posted Fri 07 Sep 01 @ 10:40 pm
Hi guys, I have the Transcrips concerning the interview with Alfred Dunohueg but its a real bitch for me to type it out (as they cant or will not put it online) especially when there was not that much said about Atomix. I will however relay as best as I can what he said. He did a thesis on music types, styles and how music can influence people. It was very interesting and I promise to post it here as soon as I have enough time. Part of it was on DJ's, and what Hardware/ Software they use to create the best atmosphere within an enviroment. He did have a bit to say on Atomix (nothing bad) but alot on Tracktor and that is why I was hesitant to post what was discussed. In a nut, he said that Tracktor was by far the best software to replace the Hardware Decks.

Listen, I want to do this properly and he said some positive things about Atomix so give me a few days and I will post the lot.

Atomix is fantastic and I will always praise it. Speak to you guys next week.

Shasha M

Posted Sat 08 Sep 01 @ 8:57 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)