Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: bad sound quality

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

hello,

First of all i must say that i really like atomix a lot!!! I can't afford a expensive turntable set so atomix is really good for me!!!

the only thing is the bad sound quality!! when i'm mixing it looks like that the bass dissapears(sound softer). even in the hard mix mode.

So my question is: is there a plugin to make the sound better or will this problem not be in the next version of atomix???

maybe it's my soundcard(I don't know what kind of card i have, but it's a cheap one)

If anyone could give me an answer i would be very glad

Posted Fri 07 Sep 01 @ 2:10 am
mamaPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Try to disable "master tempo" in the settings menu. That should make the sound a bit smoother. The bass problem is better solved in the new release, but there is no plugin to fix this. If someone knows one, please post it! :-))

mama

Posted Fri 07 Sep 01 @ 7:10 am
Live Value Sound Card is the best way for fix that. Its not that expensive. Its a fantastic card and worth the money. I also use a plugin called DFX which has great settings to tweak you sound quality but you cant use it on both Decks (latency problem). Also, check that your wire connection to your Hi Fi is a good one, they are very cheap at any electronic shop. You can fix this, let me know how it goes, I had the same problem!

DJ
Marky Mark

Posted Fri 07 Sep 01 @ 12:54 pm
The bass beats going soft is usually caused by the beats from two songs cancelling each other out, this is resolved by using a mixer and killing the bass on one tune and then slowing bringing it back in whilst reducing the bass of the old tune.

The new version will have the ability to alter the bass of each tune independently, so, until then, an external mixer is the best remedy.

Posted Fri 07 Sep 01 @ 6:41 pm
I've disabled "master tempo" and now i don't have the problem anymore!!!!

thnx guys

Posted Fri 07 Sep 01 @ 6:51 pm
yes, master tempo is evil... i see no point in it, everything sounds better without it anyhow.

Posted Fri 07 Sep 01 @ 11:41 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)