Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Demo limitations

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Rodie83Home userMember since 2001
I just want to say I hope that stupid sound-nag is out of the demo of the new version. How on earth can I decide to buy this program (not very expensive but still quite some money for somebody like me) when I can't test áll the functions of the program? Big programs like Nero-burning rom, CDRWin, they all use a time-limited-trial! You could say such a protection is much easy to crack, which it isn't....(and believe me, cracks are my specialty ;))....but if people really like your program(read:demo) they will keep buying it, even if there is a crack...so. I really hope you do something with this, Atomixmp3 is going to be much more populair when you make a more usefull demo!
(Sorry about my english....still workin' on that ;))
DJ Roger

Posted Mon 09 Apr 01 @ 11:30 am
dj2nvHome userMember since 2004
well....
I made an educated descision that it was good software from the demo.... it doesnt take any skill to do that...
the demo is limiting, but it is better then having a dodgy time trial....

Buy the software... you wont be dissapointed (well i wasnt)..
Peace
DJ-NERO

Posted Mon 09 Apr 01 @ 2:36 pm
OyyoDamsPRO InfinityHonorary memberMember since 2003
If I understand, you are a cracker, and you want a full operating program, with only a poor time limit protection ? And after that you say that you'll buy this program if you enjoy it ? Let me laugh !
Buy it, there is no "stupid" sound-nag but you are very "stupid".
The shareware version shows you lot of functions of the program, and if you enjoy it, and I hope you do, it is really cheap so buy it and please don't post any messages about crack. Piracy is bad, you know !

Posted Mon 09 Apr 01 @ 8:00 pm
Ever noticed that time limited trials and key based registration systems are becoming almost non existent?

People like you are almost certainly the reason for this.

Atomix is an superb programme and for the price definately deserves the support.

DJ Dez

PS - Did you really think the team intelligent enough to put together such an excellent programme would fall for this?

Posted Tue 10 Apr 01 @ 12:26 am
Yan-XPRO InfinityHonorary memberMember since 2003
hé hé!

Thx to you dear users !
Don't worry the new demo will not have all the great features in the futur... Too dangerous!

If you want to know the features of the full version I remember you that you can visit our website on the FEATURES section.

Well, have a nice day!

Posted Tue 10 Apr 01 @ 1:34 pm
Rodie83Home userMember since 2001
Dear people, due to my poor english it is now thought I'm an cracker! Well, that isn't true! Indeed, I CAN crack this program IF I want to. But I don't! Why? Because the autors of this software have earned my respect by deliviring a nice product. Now I say nice...but..I have only a lousy loan of $100, when I'm lucky. Maybe you understand that, before I buy anything, that I want my own mixed cd to look if that $60 is really worth it. Hope you'll understand this. I was just suggesting something, not saying cracks are the best. IF I was cracker I had started this discussion anonymous by the way. Cu all
DJ Roger

Posted Tue 10 Apr 01 @ 8:23 pm
I agree, the sound nag is annoying, unnecessary and is a nasty way to force people into buying the whole version to see what they get.

Posted Thu 12 Apr 01 @ 12:08 am
I think they could remove other functionallity of the program(master tempo,auto bpm),but not the headphone option,cuz without it we can't see if the program is really good or not.
PS: I've already seemed many people that have a full copy and have problems with that...

Posted Sun 22 Apr 01 @ 2:07 pm
mamaPRO InfinityMember since 2003
The problem would be the same. If other functionalities were disabled, some users, like you, would find it ok, others would say they can´t test it.

If you know the sense of a forum, you´ll understand that there are 98% of the messages to be posted because of a problem. If you use Windows, and all works fine, you´ll never write to Microsoft to tell them, all is ok. But if it crashes, you post it to get help. That´s a forum.

mama

Posted Sun 22 Apr 01 @ 11:47 pm
I bought the registered program and I love it. I did have problems setting up 2 soundcards, but w/ a little patience and determination I finally got the answer I needed to fix my problem. Yan-X sent me an email solving my problem. Thanx Yan-X!
P.S. this program ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted Mon 30 Apr 01 @ 5:01 am
You know I have been through almost all the forums on this website and I keep seeing the same thing over and over and over. People complaining about the nag screens and the limitations of the demo version, people calming they can crack it etc. etc. Listen up people ... But yourselves in the shoes of the authors of Atomixmp3. If you have created such a great program like this one, your idea, your effort your hard work. Are you going to give all that away for free ? Read the little message I posted in the Technical Support forum, if you like the software so much, the solution is plain and simple, buy it! If I was the author of the program I would have made it crippleware. (crippleware = A crippleware software, is a demo where part of the code is actually missing. There is no way to get crippleware to a full version.)

-B-ThuG-
#serialz@EFnet

Posted Mon 30 Apr 01 @ 6:40 am
actually i think Atomix mp3 is a crippleware to use your terminology, the code is missing in order to setup 2 sound cards.

Posted Tue 01 May 01 @ 12:37 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)