Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Directory repaint

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

VirtualDJ 1.07b (trial) doesn't always repaint the directory listing in time. For example, it internally reorders the files (because the currently played file goes to the top), but doesn't display the new ordering until I click on a file. Unfortunately, the file I wanted to click on may have moved to another place, so I end up dragging the wrong file to the turntable.

This should be quite easy to fix, shouldn't it :)

Thanks in advance, Caffeine (planning to upgrade from Atomix to VirtualDJ, the trial version runs quite smoothly on my PIII 600 MHz notebook)

Posted Mon 01 Dec 03 @ 1:31 am
kaleoPRO InfinityMember since 2003
"easy to fix", yes really easy, just buy a new computer:

The minimum requirement to run Virtual DJ is:
PIII 850 MhZ computer
800x600 SVGA video
DirectX compatible soundcard
128 MB RAM
20 MB free on the hard-drive
The recommended configuration is:
PIV 1.2 GhZ computer
1024x768 SVGA video
4.1 DirectX compatible soundcard (with front and rear separate outputs)
512 MB RAM
20 MB free on the hard-drive

Your PIII 600 may have many problem this VDJ as it is not strong enough.

Posted Mon 01 Dec 03 @ 9:25 am
kaleo, thanks for the answer, but I'm not quite sure that's the solution. It rather looks a lot like a very common software bug (I have produced this kind of bug more than once too). You change some internal representation, but forget to notify the GUI components.

If that is necessary for this bug to be fixed, I will verify its existence on my 2 GHz machine.

Posted Mon 01 Dec 03 @ 9:56 am
kaleoPRO InfinityMember since 2003
caffeine: Yes, this is a good idea (test it on a 2GHz)
Please, give us a feadback after this test.
Thanks.

Posted Mon 01 Dec 03 @ 10:24 am
it's a bit embarassing, but i don't seem to be able to reproduce the problem at all. the songs just don't jump around anymore.

hm... generally - what's the logic behind the file list reordering? songs you have been played seem to go to the end of the list - but not immediately, only after reopening the folder. i think i've sometimes seen them going to the top as well - can that be possible?

Posted Tue 02 Dec 03 @ 1:33 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)