Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: VirtualDJ "checking" all files on every startup
kzbkzbHome userMember since 2021
Every time I open VirtualDJ and open a folder, it says "checking" and seemingly goes through all of my songs to I guess do some sort of verification of them. This constantly scans the hard-drive and doesn't seem necessary.

It only started to do this recently, not sure if it's a recent update or something I've changed by accident.

Can I disable this?

Posted Sat 24 Aug 24 @ 7:37 pm
Set autoSearchDB=no if it is enabled.

Posted Sat 24 Aug 24 @ 7:44 pm
kzbkzbHome userMember since 2021
It's already set as no, but that isn't what's happening here, these songs are already scanned.

It's "checking" songs in my virtual folders that already are in the database and have BPM, key, etc, I guess it's some sort of validation check or something. It isn't necessary as I know all of the songs are still there.

It only recently started so I'm hoping there's a setting and it's not something a new update has added in...

Posted Sat 24 Aug 24 @ 8:21 pm
What version were you using and what version did you upgrade to that you started seeing the problem?

Do you analyze you songs immediately? If not, do you have analyzeSongsOnView=yes (if so, switch it off)?

What's the source of your songs (local or streamed)?

Do you have any watched folders?

I personally do not see this issue (running 2023-m b8280 on a M1 MacBook Pro running Sonoma 14.4, local or streamed songs (Deezer) and I have never seen that issue through any updates from when I started using VirtualDJ 2020 (once I switched the auto settings for database off) so it sort of feels like you have changed one of these auto settings to make that occur.

Posted Sat 24 Aug 24 @ 8:39 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
When a list is loaded, vdj checks if the files actually exist.
Unless you have a very slow drive, this should be almost instanteneous though.

Posted Sun 25 Aug 24 @ 5:50 am