Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: numark ns4fx - anomalous pad behavior
hello guys i need your help. i have a ns4fx and i encounter 2 problems but i can't understand if they depend on the software or the hardware.

1 ) the pages of the pads "SHIFT 3" and "SHIFT 4" record the same settings and can't be differentiated. for example if i set "beat jump" on the SHIFT 4 page then it will also be stored on the "SHIFT 3" page without the possibility of differentiating it.
this happens on the 4 decks

2) the "FADER CUTS" page only works on deck 1, i don't understand what it depends on but the other 3 decks don't respond to the command and when i activate the pad the crossfader doesn't move.

i tried to contact support but i didn't get a comprehensive answer, i hope someone can help me. thanks

macbook 13 2023 - virtual dj 2024 - b8267

Posted Sat 24 Aug 24 @ 8:08 am
I've tried everything, I can't find a solution. Is there anyone who can help me?

Posted Thu 29 Aug 24 @ 3:02 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
1) Are you talking about the Pads Editor or trying to change the mapping of the Pads directly ?
Some more details, screenshots etc ?
If it's from Pads Editor, then tell us which Page are you trying to edit
If it's direct edit of the Pad actions, you shouldn't change those

2) The FADER CUTS pads page is a "fake" Pads page, meaning it just shows some info on the screen, but not performing any actions. The functionality is coming from the firmware of the device, so it should function for all decks, as long as it's selected from the hardware pad modes.

Posted Thu 29 Aug 24 @ 3:18 pm
djdad wrote :
1) Are you talking about the Pads Editor or trying to change the mapping of the Pads directly ?
Some more details, screenshots etc ?
If it's from Pads Editor, then tell us which Page are you trying to edit
If it's direct edit of the Pad actions, you shouldn't change those

2) The FADER CUTS pads page is a "fake" Pads page, meaning it just shows some info on the screen, but not performing any actions. The functionality is coming from the firmware of the device, so it should function for all decks, as long as it's selected from the hardware pad modes.

I tried to make a video of the "fader cuts" problem. You can see that on deck 1 it works perfectly while on the other 3 decks the signal reaches virtual dj but the crossfader does not move.

https://youtu.be/fKLUknNuGdk?si=BnejXydjltdEeDlc

Posted Thu 29 Aug 24 @ 6:12 pm
the second problem is simply that the SHIFT 3 page will store the same commands that I will have set on the SHIFT 4 page. they will work on both pages but it will be like having 2 identical pages with the same commands. so it turns out that the SHIFT 3 page will not have the ability to elect customizable effects but will automatically store the same effects set on SHIFT 4. but for this problem I do not know how to make a video.

Posted Thu 29 Aug 24 @ 6:20 pm

Hello ,This morning I connected the console to another PC, this time it will be Windows. The same problem occurs. this suggests that the problem is not in my macbook settings but not even in the hardware because with serato everything works perfectly.

I also contacted Numark support as you suggested and I got this response:

Hi Vincent,

Thank you for your email. I hope you are doing well.

To start, it seems the issue is not with the hardware but likely related to the software. Since the device works correctly with other software like Serato, the problem may lie with Virtual DJ.

Using the Numark NS4FX with Virtual DJ requires either a Pro Infinity or a Pro Subscription license. Do you have one of these licenses?

Please try the following steps:

-Uninstall Virtual DJ completely and then reinstall it from scratch.
-Test the software on another computer to rule out any issues with your current setup.
-Check the settings within Virtual DJ to ensure everything is configured correctly.

Let me know if any of these steps help or if you need further assistance.

--------------------------

I did as they asked, I reinstalled the software, I tried on another operating system (windows) and the problem still exists.

Posted Fri 30 Aug 24 @ 8:18 am
There are some firmware limitations that actually "force" the "FADERCUTS" pad page to not have a properly working SHIFT mode.
That's why SHIFT_PADMODE_FADERCUTS and SHIFT_PADMODE_SAMPLER are "tied" together.

You can try to remap "SHIFT_PADMODE_FADERCUTS" to pad_pages 7 & set 'fadercutspress' 0 and see if the resulting behavior fits your needs.

Posted Fri 30 Aug 24 @ 8:55 am
PhantomDeejay wrote :
There are some firmware limitations that actually "force" the "FADERCUTS" pad page to not have a properly working SHIFT mode.
That's why SHIFT_PADMODE_FADERCUTS and SHIFT_PADMODE_SAMPLER are "tied" together.

You can try to remap "SHIFT_PADMODE_FADERCUTS" to pad_pages 7 & set 'fadercutspress' 0 and see if the resulting behavior fits your needs.

ok, i will try to do it. do you have any news about the behavior of fader cuts as you can see in the video, it only works with deck 1. even changing operating system. on mac and windows the same thing happens.

https://youtu.be/fKLUknNuGdk?si=BnejXydjltdEeDlc

Posted Fri 30 Aug 24 @ 9:41 am
PhantomDeejay wrote :

the command pad_pages 7 & set 'fadercutspress' 0 worked perfectly . thank you
now all that's left is to fix fader cuts

Posted Fri 30 Aug 24 @ 9:54 am
Just a quick question (as at the moment I don't have the unit available to test myself)
Are ALL the "Crossfader Assign" switches on their proper setting ? (not on THRU but on A or B)

Posted Fri 30 Aug 24 @ 11:38 am
PhantomDeejay wrote :
Just a quick question (as at the moment I don't have the unit available to test myself)
Are ALL the "Crossfader Assign" switches on their proper setting ? (not on THRU but on A or B)

sure. they are all perfectly set. with the same settings I checked with serato it works perfectly on both mac and windows.

Posted Fri 30 Aug 24 @ 1:52 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
We have found some possible issues in our Mapping files and pushed a silent update to Early Access 8301.2090
How to get this update..
1. Get the Early Access Build 8301 :
- Open Settings goto OPTIONS tab, search for the setting EarlyAccessUpdates and set to Yes.
- Restart VDJ.
- It should automatically update to 8301.
* If you already use 8301 ignore the above steps.

2. Get the silent controllers update.
All you need to do is to start EA 8301 twice (one to check for updates and a second one to load the update). You wont get any message, but you can confirm the update by going to VDJ Settings->LICENSES tab and look at the very bottom of the window.
You should get Build 8301. 2090

Make sure you use the factory default Mapping and test your issues again.

Posted Fri 30 Aug 24 @ 2:38 pm
djdad wrote :
We have found some possible issues in our Mapping files and pushed a silent update to Early Access 8301.2090
How to get this update..
1. Get the Early Access Build 8301 :
- Open Settings goto OPTIONS tab, search for the setting EarlyAccessUpdates and set to Yes.
- Restart VDJ.
- It should automatically update to 8301.
* If you already use 8301 ignore the above steps.

2. Get the silent controllers update.
All you need to do is to start EA 8301 twice (one to check for updates and a second one to load the update). You wont get any message, but you can confirm the update by going to VDJ Settings->LICENSES tab and look at the very bottom of the window.
You should get Build 8301. 2090

Make sure you use the factory default Mapping and test your issues again.

Hi, EarlyAccessUpdates has updated directly to version 8301-2091. This is now my current version. However, even using the original default map, I continue to have the same problem with the fader cuts, that is, it only works on deck 1 while the other 3 decks receive the signal from the controller to the program but the crossfader remains still.

Posted Sun 01 Sep 24 @ 7:53 pm
I still got an automatic update to 8308-2091 but the result doesn't change, fader cuts on deck 2,3,4 still doesn't work.

Posted Mon 02 Sep 24 @ 11:25 am
Hi, for your information I have to tell you that I sent the console back and requested a new one asking for a warranty exchange as it is a defective instrument. I received the new console and the problem with FADER CUTS continues to exist, so at this point I would exclude the hardware problem. I updated everything and used the original map but the problem continues to exist. Do you have any solutions?

Posted Thu 12 Sep 24 @ 12:42 pm
I confirm that it has been fixed in version 8336 . fadercuts now its ok

Posted Fri 04 Oct 24 @ 9:47 am