Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: CloudDrive Issues and Questions
Issue 1:
In the browser section of VDJ, some files have a copy that says File Path Clouddrive (onedrive) while the original file has the local path. They are the only files that have a blue cloud in the icon. I first put some files on OneDrive, then tried to use them from VDJ. That worked; however, I later decided not to use that method, but to use the VDJ clouddrive sync for my entire music library. So I removed those files I copied to ondrive manually and then let the clouddrive sync handle copying the files to onedrive for me (that took 4 days to sync lol). The issue is that I'd like to clean up these files with File Path Clouddrive (onedrive), but I'm not sure how. i don't think they are needed.

BTW, when I look at the tag for those, it gives path to my local library eventhough in the browser it says the path is clouddrive.

Issue 2:
Every time I start VirtualDJ, it tries to sync the same ~800 files. Why don't they sync, or if they did, why do they continue to try with each start? I know that I am logged in to clouddrive/onedrive when this happens. I confirmed there is enough room on onedrive for the files.

While VDJ is trying to sync these same files again, it slows down all other requests I make of the software, especially opening my local music library.

Issue 3:
When I use the search option in the browser section, how do I know if I'm using a file from local drive or clouddrive? ...aside from disconnecting from the local library so that only online files can appear. I thought maybe a "quick filter," but I don't see anything that works.

Additional Questions:
https://www.virtualdj.com/manuals/virtualdj/interface/database/onlinemusic/clouddrive/index.html says, "Any modifications made to these folders will be reflected in the cloud as well." So if a file is renamed, removed, or added, then VDJ automatically makes the same change to database and/or clouddrive location? Is this immediate, or does it just do it at startup, or something else?

My guess is for tag changes, the tags on the CloudDrive files have to be reloaded. If the local file has tags updated, does that sync to the associated clouddrive file, or is there another manual step?

Posted Tue 13 Aug 24 @ 4:59 pm
Issue 3:

the quick_filter would be:
File Path contains CloudDrive

to say only show those tracks on the Cloud Drive

or
File Path doesn't contain CloudDrive

to show everything except tracks on the Cloud Drive

PS
could add more conditions ... for example, to additionally not show tracks streamed from Tidal, also.

PSS
there are search parameters that define the search.. (the menu dot, just right of the search panel/box)
For example can choose "Search Local Files" etc

Posted Tue 13 Aug 24 @ 5:22 pm
Thanks. I did try that. If I have the local drive highlighted, I do see that I get files that have "CloudDrive (upload)" which I didn't notice before.

I was highlighting "Online Music" or the lower "ClouddDrive" node and nothing shows up with that filter, so I think that was confusing.

So using that filter on local library does seem to work, but only in part. I told VDJ to sync the entire music library (like I said earlier took 4 days to upload everything), but when i use that filter on the library, it only shows some files, not all of them. So either they didn't all sync or VDJ isn't showing them all.

Is there any sort of log to check to see sync failures?

Posted Tue 13 Aug 24 @ 7:17 pm
issue 1: it looks like I might be able to just delete the entries with file path CloudDrive (onedrive) because they are duplicates of the local file that has the local file path. Also they have no relation to the files with file path CloudDrive (upload).

Posted Tue 13 Aug 24 @ 8:26 pm
geetarboy wrote :
issue 1: it looks like I might be able to just delete the entries with file path CloudDrive (onedrive) because they are duplicates of the local file that has the local file path. Also they have no relation to the files with file path CloudDrive (upload).

Actually it looks like I have to "Remove from Search DB" but I only see a way to do that one file at a time. That option doesn't come up in right-click menu with more than one file selected. Is there another way to remove from DB en masse?

NM.... I see it. It's buried down another level in the menu when you select more than one file.

But that doesn't work either. Remove from search DB and when I restart, they are all back. removed from search db followed by a remove, but they still show up after a restart. I know these files aren't on onedrive anymore and if I try to load them to a deck from the browser, I get an error. They can't be loaded, but neither can I figure out how to remove them.

So issue 1 still ongoing. how do i get rid of these CloudDrive (onedrive) entries for files that are not actually on onedrive anymore?

PS in my original post, I'd like to retract the part where I wrote: BTW, when I look at the tag for those, it gives path to my local library eventhough in the browser it says the path is clouddrive. Don't know what I was looking at, but these files do say "onedrive" and don't have the local path.

Posted Tue 13 Aug 24 @ 9:45 pm
Sorry, I accidentally misrepresented the issue earlier. Working on this more, It seems like issue 1 and issue 2 are related. I said it was files with path CloudDrive (onedrive) that were a problem, but I think those are fine, a result of syncing my library using CloudDrive.

It is the Clouddrive (upload) files that are a problem. There are ~800 files that have a path of CloudDrive (upload). I have confirmed that they are not in onedrive with the other files. Every time I start VDJ, it tries to upload those files to onedrive. It seems to fail since I never see the files appear in onedrive and VDJ attempts to do it again with each restart.

In VDJ, it looks like those files are uploading successfully, but the don't appear in onedrive and VDJ tries to upload them again next time I start the app. So i think the real question is why won't these files sync successfully? Fixing that will fix issues 1 and 2.

Thanks for the help with Issue 3. I have that all figured out now.

Posted Wed 14 Aug 24 @ 3:09 pm