Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Custom mapping want save
I'm having a problem saving my custom mapping. How do I create and save several mappings.

Posted Tue 13 Aug 24 @ 3:32 pm
I accidentally deleted my mapping by press the x in mapping under controllers. Is there a way to restore it?

Posted Tue 13 Aug 24 @ 3:42 pm
yes ..

find it in the recycle bin and restore it

Posted Tue 13 Aug 24 @ 3:46 pm
IIDEEJAYII wrote :
yes ..

find it in the recycle bin and restore it

Ok I saw it on there but it has some old settings I had done. I don't think I'm saving them right.
This is how I do it. I create a setting then I hit the little drive by the x in controller settings but it's not saving them.

Posted Tue 13 Aug 24 @ 3:54 pm
Yes ...
clicking the button to left of the [ X ], saves the Listed "Name" you have assigned (shown to left of the save button)

Note: before saving, you can change the name to something new, so as NOT to overwrite your previous custom mapping. (to create a new mapping)

And this can be a good thing if you wish to go back to a previous mapping.

Even better practice is first step of modifying a mapping is to change the mapping name and save it, then modify the new mapping, so one always has the previous mapping if things don't go as planned.

Why do you feel the mapping is not saving?

When do you notice that is it not saving?

Posted Tue 13 Aug 24 @ 4:07 pm
Because I'm having to resave all my custom mappings. I never renamed the files. I think that might be the problem.

Posted Tue 13 Aug 24 @ 4:18 pm
IIDEEJAYII wrote :
Yes ...
clicking the button to left of the [ X ], saves the Listed "Name" you have assigned (shown to left of the save button)

Note: before saving, you can change the name to something new, so as NOT to overwrite your previous custom mapping. (to create a new mapping)

And this can be a good thing if you wish to go back to a previous mapping.

Even better practice is first step of modifying a mapping is to change the mapping name and save it, then modify the new mapping, so one always has the previous mapping if things don't go as planned.

Why do you feel the mapping is not saving?

When do you notice that is it not saving?

How do I create a new mapping and save it?

Posted Tue 13 Aug 24 @ 4:47 pm

Posted Tue 13 Aug 24 @ 4:57 pm

Posted Tue 13 Aug 24 @ 5:02 pm

Posted Tue 13 Aug 24 @ 5:06 pm