Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Loop Direction SMART
djkrysrPRO InfinityMember since 2010
I have 'Loop Direction' set to SMART, how does this work?

It appears that when set to smart, If I am playing a track and press Loop it will jump backwards however if the track is paused the Loop will be set forward ready, which seems great except if I start a track at the beginning and then press Loop after 4 beats, it will go BACK 16 beats (assuming size is 16) leaving me with 12 beats of silence before 4 beats kick in.
Is this the desired behaviour?

I was hoping for a loop technique that would go back if the track was more beats in than the size fo the loop, otherwise go forwards, in effect Loop forward at the beginning of the track otherwise loop backwards.
Is there a way to achieve this in Virtual DJ without a script button?

I ask because sometimes I need to loop at the beginning of a track because there is not enough intro, if I cue the track and press 'Loop' the loop is set as I desire however when I press play with 'Smart play' enabled, if I am a little early the loop moves backwards to the exact moment I press play leaving a slight gap in the loop again. The only way around this is to make sure I press play ever so slightly late so Virtual DJ correct it and plays the track in sync with the Loop set from the beginning.

It would be nicer if there was a more reliable way to achieve this but I may just be doing it wrong so if anybody has a suggestion how to loop at beginning of a track neatly that would be appreciated.
Thanks

Posted Sun 11 Aug 24 @ 2:42 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
If you disable loopAutoMove, the loop will stay in position, regardless if smartplay moves it

Posted Sun 11 Aug 24 @ 3:13 pm
djkrysrPRO InfinityMember since 2010
Adion wrote :
If you disable loopAutoMove, the loop will stay in position, regardless if smartplay moves it

Excellent thanks I had not noticed that option, I will give that a go and see if it solves my problem.

Posted Sun 11 Aug 24 @ 3:18 pm