Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: VST not working
BAOWZPRO InfinityMember since 2020
hello! I'm trying to get fl studio sync with the beatgrid of vdj and i wanted to try with fl studio vst. however, i can't get to make it run under vdj, it doesn't appear in the effects. I tried with different 64 bits vsts, and none of them seams to work. what i do is copying the .dll files in C:\Users\wtpou\AppData\Local\VirtualDJ\Plugins64. is there something else i need to do?

Posted Tue 06 Aug 24 @ 6:39 pm
FL Studio is probably not working because it's not an effect.

Out of curiosity I just tried opening Maschine 2 VST in VDJ......and crashed VDJ.

Posted Tue 06 Aug 24 @ 8:34 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Last time I tried FL Studio worked fine.
I think they have a VST3 plugin now though, so instead of copying dll files, it's probably easier to set the vstFxFolder setting. (The default should be C:\Program Files\Common Files\VST3 )

Posted Wed 07 Aug 24 @ 5:17 am
thanks for your replies. i don't think fl studio has a vst3 version. it's only vst2 (i checked on the fl installer). i figured i can only open vst3 as i tested with other vst3 instruments/plugins.

Posted Wed 07 Aug 24 @ 10:08 pm

Posted Wed 07 Aug 24 @ 10:20 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Just gave it a try, and it's working fine for me.
It's indeed VST2 only, so you need to copy C:\Program Files\Common Files\VST2\FL Studio VSTi.dll to your VirtualDJ\Plugins64\SoundEffect folder.
After that it shows up in VDJ, you can activate it, and from the effect GUI launch FL Studio.

Posted Thu 08 Aug 24 @ 5:07 am
OMG THANKS. it worked when i tried to put it in the sound effects folder. and the tempo sync perfectly !!!! now i need to find a way to beatmatch it. my first intention was to be able toplay a solo on a vst and activate some sidechain but this needs to be syncronized perfectly. anyway thanks a lot!

Posted Thu 08 Aug 24 @ 4:14 pm
BAOWZ wrote :
play a solo on a vst

You can host VST instruments directly. You don't need to run a separate host (i.e. FL Studio).

Posted Thu 08 Aug 24 @ 4:55 pm
groovindj wrote :

You can host VST instruments directly. You don't need to run a separate host (i.e. FL Studio).

i know, but i want to change the instrument directly from my controller(vst and preset), and i can by changing the midi channel on my keyboard and asigning one instrument per midi channel on fl studio. plus i wanted to have a volume sidechain effect on rythm.

btw for syncing the sidechain fx, i couldn't get fl studio to start playing when the host is, so i found another solution for this. Use the 4 decks view, add a free trial (or paid) kickstarter 2 vst on the third deck. you will need a track on this deck to launch the pumping effect from kickstarter, so just generate a blank wav in another software. then you'll need to add a macro for activation, and because sometimes the sync function doesnt get the exact tempo (you can end up with on track at 60bpm and one track at the double 120bpm) , you'll need a macro for *2 and /2 bpm to get the pumping right. then you activate the synth vst IN FIRST (fl studio) and the kickstarter IN SECOND. it's really important bc it defines the order of the chain effect. this order will have fl studio audio run through kickstarter, then through the deck. and also i use the crossfader for the third deck level since i never use it anyway

Posted Sat 10 Aug 24 @ 5:09 pm
also it would work without fl and directly use the synth wsts inside vdj, but it would be harder to change the vst without breaking the sidechain effect chain (synth -> kickstarter -> out), since i'll have to activate and desactivate them, and the chain order is defined at the activation : first fx activated goes first in the chain and so on. with fl, i'm able to safely change my instrument via midi.

Posted Sat 10 Aug 24 @ 5:16 pm