Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Mac book pro Issue
Is there any way I can get an older download version. I haven't been updating it because I run an older version of Mac and I accidentally updated it and now it won't run on my Mac any more. Can you guys help me with that Please so I can get back to DJing I have Gig on Friday.

Posted 14 hours ago

Posted 14 hours ago

Posted 13 hours ago
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006

Posted 13 hours ago
Ah that must have been added to the download page. Thanks for the link for future reference.

Posted 13 hours ago
kradcliffe wrote :
All the legacy builds are no longer available

With respect, he didn't ask for a legacy version - just for an "older" version.

He also didn't specify the OS version on his Mac, or the VDJ version he was previously using, so based on what he actually wrote, I provided a link to older versions.

@Adion is it not possible for VDJ to check OS before offering incompatible updates?

Posted 12 hours ago
Normally these old os indeed don't get auto update, so perhaps it was a manual update

Posted 12 hours ago
groovindj wrote :

With respect, he didn't ask for a legacy version - just for an "older" version.

The oldest version on the link you supplied was 5th June. That's hardly going to work for "an older version of Mac" is it?

Anyway it doesn't matter as some legacy versions are now on the main download page as stated above.

Posted 12 hours ago
kradcliffe wrote :
The oldest version on the link you supplied was 5th June.

I didn't bother checking the dates. I just provided the link, as that's the link most people are after.

kradcliffe wrote :
That's hardly going to work for "an older version of Mac" is it?

Impossible to know, because (as I said) he didn't give details.

Adion wrote :
perhaps it was a manual update

Is it possible to "accidentally" perform a manual update? I wouldn't think so. :-)

Posted 10 hours ago
If you download the latest version from the website and installed it, you manually updated the version you had previously installed.

Posted 9 hours ago
That's my point. You can't accidentally download it and then accidentally install it. Those are deliberate actions.

Posted 8 hours ago
Does it really matter? The issue is now resolved.

Posted 8 hours ago
We don't actually know it's resolved, because he hasn't been back.

The question remains, how did he manage to accidentally install an update that was incompatible with his system? If it was VDJ offering the update, that would be wrong - but Adion says it shouldn't.

Unless he posts again, we won't know for sure.

Posted 7 hours ago