Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Testing demo getting glitching
Hi all Serato DJ here but want to try video with virtual dj. Just testing in demo mode but I'm getting random audio glitches/pauses. I have a brand new laptop with following spec:
Msi kantana 15
i9 processor
64gb ram
Navidia 4070 (8gb) graphics

I've tried changing latency no change.
Running laptop in performance mode turned wifi off no difference.
Runs fine in my old i7 10 year old laptop!!

Any ideas would be great.

Cheers AJ

Posted 5 days ago @ 7:38 pm
It's a common problem with new laptops. Not video specific as it glitches on audio only.

Have you tried Serato to see if the same thing is happening?

What audio drivers are you using and do you have a controller attached?

I'm currently experiencing the same as my 2019 Lenovo works perfectly but three 2024 laptops have given me nothing but issues.

Posted 5 days ago @ 7:48 pm

Posted 5 days ago @ 7:57 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
One thing outside of vdj use, make sure your bios is up to date, there's a recent discovered issue with 13th & 14th gen intel cpus.

I don't know if this could cause issue with vdj, but the issue is reported to be 100% cpu failure rate given a few months. So is a critical update.

Other than that, general stuff ensure your gfx drivers are current, run latencyMon to see if any process or driver is at issue.

https://www.resplendence.com/latencymon

Posted 5 days ago @ 7:58 pm
Hi guys thanks for the fast reply.

Serato runs fine so seems specific to vdj. I use stems a lot so would be a shame to no longer have it but I'll give it a go with it disabled but would of thought this laptop is massively over powered to cope with stems.

I haven't done any bios updates so will give that a go and also any drivers gpu etc...

Is doing it with a ddj800 controller attached. Had a mate over who has a licence so tried with that just incase the demo has any updates missing and it is still glitchy plus it times out (not sure if that's OK to do but doing it purely for testing before purchasing my own licence).

Any way massively disappointed with a powerful laptop that can't run vdj. Hopefully I can resolve it otherwise an expensive mistake.

Cheers AJ

Posted 5 days ago @ 8:21 pm
Well an update..

I've done everything recommended, bios update, gpu updates etc..
I feel it's a little better but still get the odd glitch.. It seems to happen if I click on a track in browser that highlights it, not dropping it in a deck just a click on the track name and it will glitch sometimes but not always.

I tried the latencymon and it failed saying to make sure cpu throttling is off but I've got the power management set to highest which will turn throttling off anyways. The other issue it picked up with latency was the controller for devices like ssd/hhd. I store all my files on a second ssd which is brand new installed in this laptop. I wonder if the second ssd is causing issues hummmm Any thoughts?

Posted 5 days ago @ 1:52 am
I would doubt the second SSD would cause a problem, you could always copy some songs to the other one and try loading from there.

Also try installing the ultimate performance power plan and disabling core parking.

https://bitsum.com/parkcontrol/

Posted 5 days ago @ 4:29 am
Just an update. Tried using the laptop at a gig at the weekend with serato and although not as bad as virtual dj I had some audio glitches that aren't acceptable in a night club! I have tried everything that I have been recommended to try plus some other bits from other forums and it appears that new laptops with particular cpu's and gpu's just can not run audio applications without issues. Shocking that a brand new really hight spec laptop can run something a 11 year old lower spec laptop can without any issues.

Cheers AJ

Posted 2 days ago @ 11:31 am
Exactly the problem I have had with several recent laptops. Galaxy book 4 pro just wouldn't stop glitching no matter what I tried.

Posted 2 days ago @ 11:32 am
P.s. Anyone know what new laptop can run virtual dj without any glitches and powerful enough for real time stems and video?

Cheers AJ

Posted yesterday @ 11:32 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Personally have been using dell xps 15 and recently xps 16 without issues

Posted yesterday @ 12:43 pm
Shame they don't so XPS as a 2-in-1 any more.

I've been testing with my GPD pocket 3 today and it has run for over 5 hours with no issues. I used to think it was an issue specifically with Windows 11 but clearly not.

It's running a 11th Gen Core i7 and seems to work fine, where the two recent ones I tested with the current Core Ultra 7 chips just shut the music off with the Denon drivers or glitch with the Pioneer ones.

Something is definitely amiss somewhere.

What CPU does your XPS 16 have @Adion?

Posted yesterday @ 2:46 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Intel Core Ultra 9 185H

Posted yesterday @ 5:54 pm
Blows that theory then :)

Posted yesterday @ 6:07 pm