Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: mic_talkover feature - not saving settings
anyone else experiencing this and know a workaround or what's up? i've enabled mic talkover and adjusted it according to instruction..i typed in the text "mic_talkover 80% 500ms" which is how VDJ instructs you to do it, but when i click the little floppy disc icon to save it, it doesn't actually save, and it just goes back to showing taht as "mic_talkover" again (which, if enabled , the default lowers the volume over the music like 70% and that's way too much for my needs). thx!

Posted Mon 29 Jul 24 @ 6:25 pm
You have a script, that will work well.. and need a bit more info, to provide more assistance.

the script you posted would work perfectly in a custom button.. for example.. and assume that since you are mentioning clicking the save button... you maybe editing a mapping.

Which mapping and controller etc?
What was the mapping previously? Just mic_talkover?

and in general, the script changes in the mapping, will work, (can be tested) before they are saved. Does that work?

what happens when you click the save button? (is the script you changed still there?)
when does the previous mapping reappear ? after restart ..etc?

Have you tried to create a new mapping name to save your changes too?

Do you have issues saving any other settings in VDJ

Note: the Mappings are saved in your HOMEFOLDER > Mappers > "MapName.xml"
has the file "MapName.xml" modify date updated ?

Posted Tue 30 Jul 24 @ 5:56 am
thanks for your reply! I have a pioneer ddj sb2 and i'm mapping the mic talkover to a vacant button. the actual button works, but it goes to the default, which drops music volume 80 % which is too low for my streams. when i am writing in the script to the desired details, and hit the save button, it doesn't seem to "take", and when i go back and look at it , it just reverts back to "mic_talkover" without the additional details in the script citing how much i want the music level to decrease and the duration /speed it woule change the level.good idea to try naming it something else though ....i'll try "mic_talkover1..." for example and get back to you. thx!

Posted Tue 30 Jul 24 @ 12:24 pm