Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Upon startup, turntable pitch
when I start VDJ my left tuntable starts at -49. I don't know how that happened but where can I find to have it start at 00.0 as it should be. Must have glitched and changed starup settings.

Posted Mon 29 Jul 24 @ 6:34 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Perhaps comes from a faulty hardware Pitch fader.
Which controller do you use ?
Happens without any controller connected too ?
What is your Pitch Range % ?

Posted Mon 29 Jul 24 @ 8:48 am
Mixtstream Pro. When I startup it is maxed at +49 ( just the right side) which is where I believe it is in the default at startup that something glitched and that's what VDJ thinks I want. So in short, is there somewhere I can find a default startup for either side.

Posted Tue 30 Jul 24 @ 6:39 am
No, the default value on start is +0% pitch.
It will take other values only if a controller is connected, and the controller reports the positions of it's sliders.
Therefore, your controller, upon startup, reports this position for the right side.
Whether or not this position is true, it's up to you to find out.
If you left your controller's pitch slider all the way down and didn't move it back to center, then yes, it sends that position during startup. Move it back to center.
If not, then check the right pitch slider in general for erroneous behavior. It could be something as simple as a speck of dust inside the slider, or something as severe as the slider going faulty and needing replacement.

PS: There's no way to "edit" startup values.
PS2: There is a way to "force" values after startup, but this doesn't solve your problem. It merely patches it.

Posted Tue 30 Jul 24 @ 7:13 am