Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: VDJ freezing when opening
This seems to be occurring all the time now. It's unusable and is frozen as soon as i open it. I'd have to re boot my computer and try again, and it work ..but now it's freezing all the time and re booting does not help. Any suggestions as to what i can do? thanks on a new Macbook Pro, have latest version of s/w for Mac and VDJ. Infinity license.

Posted 23 hours ago
Try renaming your settings.xml file so it creates a new one and try again. You can find it by clicking the cog at the bottom right of the options screen in settings.

Posted 22 hours ago
i presume you mean within vdj. i can't do that since it freezes up as soon as i open. unless i'm misunderstanding you?

Posted 22 hours ago
actually, i was able to do that exact thing..and it worked! thank you so much! any idea what might have been happening? amazing!! ty so much Kradcliffe!

Posted 22 hours ago
Sometimes something in the settings can get corrupted. It's unusual but glad you're sorted.

Posted 22 hours ago
If you have backups of VDJ database.. from a few days ago.. before the crashing .. one could try to swap in the settings.xml file from the recent backup ..

to maybe save some time getting your fav setup back..

worth a try..

Note this is not recommended if you did an update to VDJ recently..
(ie the settings.xml is from a different VDJ build)
Only useful for removing the unknown corruption.

Posted 21 hours ago
thanks IDEE.. yea i didn't realize it would mean re doing a bunch of settings, but i'm glad it's fixed..thx again to you both!

Posted 20 hours ago