Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Lots of waveforms gone
I set up a new laptop two months ago and did a copy of all the files and their destination folders to the new laptop.
All database files were of course also copied.
During the summer I have noticed lots of tracks did not have a waveform showing in browser. Those I just re-analyzed.
But I cannot understand why this is needed?
Many of them are old files which has been there many years.
Is it so that at some point VDJ was required to re-analyze the files and those I found now was for some reason not analyzed again?

Secondly, how to I add a filter folder what checks around in the complete database for not scanned tracks so I can find them easily and do a full scan?

Posted Fri 26 Jul 24 @ 11:13 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
If not mistaken, those are saved in VDJ HomeFolder/Cache/cache.db file. have you copied that too ?
If it's been months since then, perhaps it's not a good idea to do that now, your will lose the waveforms of the Tracks you analyzed after the transfer

BTW, how did you copy the database ? Manual copy ? Did you have to do any conversions ? Just asking to see if for some reason the waveforms are there but paths are broken.

Posted Fri 26 Jul 24 @ 11:18 am
I use a clone program "Syncredible" which takes all the folders and files and copy to an external SSD disc.
From that disc I import the folders and files to the destination.
I use this method as backup aswell.
It copies the entire "VDJ folder" on C: also

No conversions.

Posted Fri 26 Jul 24 @ 11:31 am
Another observation.
When I select "Analyze for BPM etc" the waveform does not come up in browser.
I need to load the track to a deck, to be able to see the waveform.
This is on another laptop I am using mostly just for testing new builds and trying out new functions.
Build 8263.2072

I have recorded a video when doing some of the Analyzes to show the behaviour.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tg9wE0Bh8ac

Posted Fri 26 Jul 24 @ 9:35 pm