Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Virtual DJ B8225 Crash
Hello,

i have an issue.
I just got done with my last gigs of the weekend, I’ve had 3 total since Friday, I’m an infinity license holder. I have a brand new Rev 7 (45 days old), before this I had a pioneer 1000 and a M1 16 inch MacBook Pro.

For the first time ever, VDJ crash at all three gigs this weekend, no warning. just the program reboots itself once. When it reboots stems pop up saying it can't do stems.

it’s the latest VDJ build. Mac is the latest Update & OS. It didn’t do this last weekend & nothing has changed since.

i’ve been doing full prepared stems since they’ve come out and it’s never been an issue until this weekend, then crashes all three gigs in a row at the half way point. songs playing at the time of the crash were songs played 100 times over and already had their stems computed and saved.

What do I next? Uninstall/reinstall program? Uninstall/reinstall controller firmware? I’m at a loss, 10 year vdj user and this has never happened consistently.

THIS NEEDS TO BE ADDRESSED BEFORE NEXT WEEKEND OR ILL HAVE TO REVERT TO ANOTHER PROGRAM FOR NEXT WEEKS EVENTS UNTIL THIS IS FIXED!

Apple M1 Pro
16gb Memory
Mac Sonoma 14.5
VDJ - Build 8225

https://www.facebook.com/groups/club4djs/permalink/10163963343899202/

Posted Sun 21 Jul 24 @ 3:07 pm
Just a small note...screaming in a post (all caps) while making time demands and rage quit claims doesn't help the case. They will do their best job trying to help you with the case if you provide more information on what exactly was happening/what you were doing in the program/etc, when the crash occurred.

I know devs have checked on crash reports in the past for myself and others...so they can take a look from their end as well.
It also might be helpful if you put in a support ticket for this.
I hope it gets resolved soon 🍺.

Posted Sun 21 Jul 24 @ 4:24 pm
Wasn’t trying be a dick, it’s been a frustrating 36 hours and just want this repaired.

Posted Sun 21 Jul 24 @ 7:04 pm
You can simply roll back to a previous version which may sort the issue until the devs investigate.

https://www.virtualdj.com/download/build.html

May also help if you cause a crash while online (if not already done) so a crashlog can be sent to Atomix.

Posted Sun 21 Jul 24 @ 7:17 pm
Yeah, it was connected to the internet when it crashed all three times at the venues. So it automatically sends the crash report? I just don’t know what to do or who to contact. Where do I fill out a ticket. I thought it was here. Never had this kind of consistent issue before in the 10+ years of having virtual. Thanks for your help.

Posted Sun 21 Jul 24 @ 9:56 pm

Posted Sun 21 Jul 24 @ 10:17 pm
I also commented on the facebook post and sent in an email to the developer, but chiming in to say I had the same issue. I'm using the same Macbook Pro as you.

Posted Sun 21 Jul 24 @ 11:35 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Q for both ..
Anything particular you were doing/trying at the time of the crash ?
Were you using the default skin or some custom (and which one) ?

Posted Mon 22 Jul 24 @ 1:07 am
After Consulting with VDJ Customer Support & Dev's. They provided me with an early access update that may have fixed the issue. ill test it out as much as possible before the big weekend but obviously the real test will be Thursday night with normal stress related factors involved. thanks to VDJ and Crew for their speedy work on the issue!

Posted Mon 22 Jul 24 @ 5:10 pm
@ dj Dad I wasn't doing anything crazy, friday night when the first crash happened I was using vinyl video skin, then Saturday night when I was djing I switched to Vanced Gt Skin to see if maybe if that was the issue but still crashed.

Posted Mon 22 Jul 24 @ 5:23 pm
The latest early access build seems to have solved the issue for me as well. I'm using the Vanced GT skin.

Posted Wed 24 Jul 24 @ 8:56 am