Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: LIVE Broadcasting
Hello.
I am new to VirtualDJ, and I loved when I knew I could broadcast my feed music live to the internet.
But, it always says "OFF AIR". So, I searched a bit and discovered that the port VirtualDJ uses is 8000. So, I put my local IP address followed by ":8000/listen.mp3" ('listen.mp3' I discovered by the broadcast page)and it worked. But with the actual world IP address followed by ":8000/listen.mp3", it doesnt work.
I even checked my router, and on "Port Forwarding" it already added a rule which is:

"Enable Service Protocol External host Internal host External Port Internal Port Options
VirtualDJ Broadcast TCP
192.168.1.**
8000 8000 UPnP Rule"

Has anyone have a solution?
Thank you,
Tomás Afonso

Posted Wed 17 Jul 24 @ 9:00 pm
Most home consumer internet routers will NOT route back internet traffic originating from behind the same router.
What this means, is that most routers will not allow traffic to go out from the router to the internet and then come back in (which is what you're doing when you're using your public IP)

You should try to access your public ip from a computer that's using a DIFFERENT router to connect to the internet, or from a mobile phone / smartphone by using the carrier's data plan (not the WiFi)

Posted Wed 17 Jul 24 @ 9:26 pm
Thank you. It worked.

Posted Fri 19 Jul 24 @ 8:12 am