Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Glitches after updating to 2024
OK, Im at a loss. First My Specs MacBook Pro, updated, Intel i7, 1TB harddrive...
A month ago I updated to 2024, since then I have been having nothing but problems of everything glitching. Middle of every single gig, the music stops, the controller stops, dead air for up to 3 seconds and then it will resume. Think it was my USB cable, Ive replaced it. Thinking it was my controller, I've used my others.. thinking maybe it was my laptop, I used Serato and it ran Fine on serato... Went back to Virtual DJ.... glitched again. Downgraded back to the older version I had, but the settings menu and the skin chooser all still reflect 2024 even though the build is showing the older version... still glitches out every single gig, tried laptop number 2, also a mac, 2024... glitch as well...So I made a back up of my database, coped some other files I know I need and completely removed VDJ from my hard drive and all folders.. Now Ive installed a fresh copy of VDJ and went to try to find the folder within Users>User>Documents..... no trace of a Virtual DJ folder NO WHERE yet its installed. I'm at a loss here, I can not locate the VDJ folder, VDJ has failed me every single night after using it for 13 years without a hick-up and now Im trying to resolve this and after the fresh install I cant even locate ANY VDJ folders in my system and none of this makes sense. Heck, I dont even know what help I need but im so close to jumping ship here ..... I have gigs coming up and Im losing my faith here in VDJ At this point, since I cant locate any new VDJ folder in my files system I'm going to have to jump ship and I hate this.... I dont know what to do.. I dont even know how to resolve this issue

Posted yesterday @ 11:56 pm
There is a bit of missing information here.

1. You gave partial specs
    DJ Andrew Ryan wrote :
    OK, Im at a loss. First My Specs MacBook Pro, updated, Intel i7, 1TB harddrive...

Amount of RAM? OS version (e.g. MacOS Sonoma)?

Given you are using an Intel MacBook the machine had to be at least 5 years old, so realtime v2.0 stems would most likely not be supported.

2. DJ Andrew Ryan wrote :

A month ago I updated to 2024,

What version did you update from? What's the actual build of VirtualDJ you updated to (viewable at the bottom of the settings window)?

3. DJ Andrew Ryan wrote :

since then I have been having nothing but problems of everything glitching. Middle of every single gig, the music stops, the controller stops, dead air for up to 3 seconds and then it will resume. Think it was my USB cable, Ive replaced it. Thinking it was my controller, I've used my others.. thinking maybe it was my laptop, I used Serato and it ran Fine on serato... Went back to Virtual DJ.... glitched again.

What's the controller? Were you running anything else while trying to use VirtualDJ? How is everything external connected to your MacBook, is it through a hub or direct? If through a hub, is the hub powered or not?

4. DJ Andrew Ryan wrote :

since then I have been having noth
    Downgraded back to the older version I had, but the settings menu and the skin chooser all still reflect 2024 even though the build is showing the older version...

Not sure what this means...given you downgraded correctly and see a build number and version, that's the version being used. What version did you downgrade to? What is giving the impression of otherwise?

5. DJ Andrew Ryan wrote :

since then I have been having noth
    still glitches out every single gig, tried laptop number 2, also a mac, 2024... glitch as well...

Once again, no information on laptop specs so devs can't have any idea of if it meets minimum requirements or not.

6. DJ Andrew Ryan wrote :

So I made a back up of
    my database, coped some other files I know I need and completely removed VDJ from my hard drive and all folders.. Now Ive installed a fresh copy of VDJ and went to try to find the folder within Users>User>Documents..... no trace of a Virtual DJ folder NO WHERE yet its installed. I'm at a loss here, I can not locate the VDJ folder, VDJ has failed me every single night after using it for 13 years without a hick-up and now Im trying to resolve this and after the fresh install I cant even locate ANY VDJ folders in my system and none of this makes sense.

This statement (minus the ranting) shows that you are coming from a relatively old version of VDJ. The folders have long been moved to Application Support (I can't even remember the version this was done for, it was that long ago) and regular users who accept the updates already know this.

Besides checking with tech support directly, if you can provide the missing information that would be helpful. Other things you can try

• Check with the Minimum requirements page again to make sure your machine falls into that catrgory
  • try disabling things that are performance heavy

Set things like
    stemsRealtimeSeparation to reduced quality and remove any usage of GPU if the GPU is known to be low spec.

Disclosure: I use the latest version of VirtualDJ on two MacBooks without issue with a DDJ 1000 - one that's an M1 MacBook Pro (16GB RAM, 1 TB SSD, built in 2020) and the other is an Intel MacBook Air (16GB RAM, 256 GB SSD, Intel integrated graphics, built in 2013), so VirtualDJ can definitely run fine on Macs, even old ones, once configured correctly.

Posted yesterday @ 1:11 am
Out of all that, I got the answer I was looking for .. I installed VDJ back in 2014 and been updating it since, bought a newer Mac and it was moved via time machine

Posted yesterday @ 1:29 am

Posted yesterday @ 1:30 am

Posted yesterday @ 1:51 am
Most of that was indeed a rant lol but I just could not locate where the folder went and you did answer that for me lol thank you

Posted yesterday @ 2:31 am
I'm glad at least some part of it was helpful. Hopefully the glitch problem gets resolved as well eventually 🍺.

Posted 24 hours ago