Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Denon MCX8000 on Windows 11 losing sound randomly - Page: 2
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
There has been a thing very recently, I think it's intel gen 13 & 14 some of their micro code was burning out the chips over the span of a few months from over voltage, not sure how wide the issue is or if it even applies here.

Posted 7 hours ago

Posted 5 hours ago
locoDog wrote :
There has been a thing very recently, I think it's intel gen 13 & 14 some of their micro code was burning out the chips over the span of a few months from over voltage, not sure how wide the issue is or if it even applies here.

Interesting, any source of info on this topic?

Posted 4 hours ago
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013

Posted 4 hours ago
since you mention these are new laptops are you doing all the usual optimizations like setting usb hubs not to save power etc ....

Posted 2 hours ago
Yes absolutely. And as stated above the DPC latency is well within tolerance so there's no reason the sound should be cutting out.

One thing I did notice though is that core parking to save power is a culprit, but on this Samsung machine something in the machine firmware is causing Core Parking to be forced and cannot be overridden. Can only assume it's causing throttling with the intention of keeping the thermals down and to increase battery life.

Looking like another return unfortunately.

Need to do more testing with the MCX8000 and my two other PCs to see where we're at. Maybe some laptops just don't work with low latency audio and there's nothing that can be done about it.

Posted an hour ago