Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Pioneer FLX-10
Hi all, this is my first post ever so please apologise if this has been asked before. I am using an FLX10 controller and I'm wondering if vdj2024 can be configured so that the hardware effects, both color and beat fx, are actually used. Something like in Serato. I found the hardware effects are better sounding in some cases than the software built in ones. Thanks!!

Posted Mon 08 Jul 24 @ 5:48 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
There is probably a misunderstanding here and it's not your fault. Some thought that way and spread throughout the internet.
The FLX-10 is not having or using Hardware Effects. The ones Serato is using for the FLX-10 are Pioneer software Effects (the same you get in Rekordbox) which have been granted to Serato and used like "hidden" ones (you dont see them on the computer screen).

Posted Mon 08 Jul 24 @ 5:53 pm
Thank you very much for the answer. Hw effects are then only avaliable for line inputs I guess. I have tested the line input and it does indeed apply effects for the line input signal. It's a bit disappointing that pioneer does not allow to choose between the software and hardware effects in the dj software in midi mode.

Posted Mon 08 Jul 24 @ 5:59 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Only there for "software" Line inputs, meaning that Aux audio signals are driven through a Software Deck.
apparently if you turn that software off, there is no hardware mixer and no hardware Effects either ;)

Posted Mon 08 Jul 24 @ 6:03 pm
djdad wrote :
Only there for "software" Line inputs, meaning that Aux audio signals are driven through a Software Deck.
apparently if you turn that software off, there is no hardware mixer and no hardware Effects either ;)

Actually, it does work without a software. After unplugged the computer, I plugged in an old mobile phone via RCA cable to deck 4. And all the effects worked. That made me think Pioneer apply the effects differently when a normal line input is used from the audio routed through USB. Almost like the fx processor is bypassed for the usb connection. If that makes sense. Regardless, you answered my question that I will have to stick to software effects. Which I have to say was very much appreciated.

Posted Mon 08 Jul 24 @ 6:18 pm