Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Classic EQ knobs not working with EZremix on Rane Four - Page: 1
Dj5tevePRO InfinityMember since 2013
Hello everyone, I'm enjoing EZremix since months.
From last week, stems knobs on channels 3 and 4 are still working but the classic EQ on 1 and 2 are not anymore.
Someone have same experience?
Updated to the last version VDJ and Rane Four firmware
Thank you

Posted Mon 01 Jul 24 @ 9:00 am
Use SHIFT+PFL button(s) to toggle between stems and EQ mode of operation now.
Manual will get updated as well

Posted Mon 01 Jul 24 @ 11:30 am
I will try, thank you

Posted Mon 01 Jul 24 @ 12:17 pm
Also make sure to set "eqModeDual" in settings to "None"

Posted Mon 01 Jul 24 @ 12:20 pm
pjmm0006PRO SubscriberMember since 2024
For me it is the same, since Rane updated to 1.7.0.8 firmware version, the classic EQ in dual mode is not working anymore.

Posted Tue 02 Jul 24 @ 7:28 am
user28835295 wrote :
For me it is the same, since Rane updated to 1.7.0.8 firmware version, the classic EQ in dual mode is not working anymore. Anybody with this issue?? Even I opened a support request and nobody is answering me. Pitiful...

Posted Tue 02 Jul 24 @ 12:59 pm
PhantomDeejay wrote :
Also make sure to set "eqModeDual" in settings to "None"

this is not working... anyway I do not understand why we must set "eqModeDual" to "None" if this is a feature of Virtual DJ that I want to use...

Posted Tue 02 Jul 24 @ 1:02 pm
user28835295 wrote :
user28835295 wrote :
For me it is the same, since Rane updated to 1.7.0.8 firmware version, the classic EQ in dual mode is not working anymore. Anybody with this issue?? Even I opened a support request and nobody is answering me. Pitiful...

Posted Tue 02 Jul 24 @ 4:20 pm
Nothing helped: since last Rane 4 firmware update, no way to make Eq knobs to work in any eqmode, except of course the "frequency"

Posted Wed 03 Jul 24 @ 4:10 pm
Please try the latest EA version, with the latest FACTORY DEFAULT mapper.
Then, use SHIFT+PFL to toggle each deck between Frequency and Stems

Posted Wed 03 Jul 24 @ 4:12 pm
It didn't work anyway :(
Also, it's not the way EZremix normally works, if I must switch by pressing pfl each time, I would use Serato which has the same function and all the rest works stable

Posted Thu 04 Jul 24 @ 7:26 am
EZRemix is just a mode of "Stems on EQ knobs"
So, it doesn't have a "normal" way of operation other than substituting frequency with stems on the EQ knobs.
From what you're saying, it seems that you don't want the "new" way of dealing with stems, but the old one (using inner channels for EQ and outer channels for stems on channels 1/2).

If that's the case, since you didn't make it clear, then yes, current implementation does not support that.
The ability to use the old way (with dual EQ mode) will come in the next update as we revised the mapping further.

However, next time, please try to be as clear as possible on what you want and what doesn't work for you.
All this time, personally I thought that stems on EQ didn't work at all for you, which obviously is not the case.

Posted Thu 04 Jul 24 @ 8:09 am
PhantomDeejay wrote :
So, it doesn't have a "normal" way of operation other than substituting frequency with stems on the EQ knobs.
From what you're saying, it seems that you don't want the "new" way of dealing with stems, but the old one (using inner channels for EQ and outer channels for stems on channels 1/2).

If that's the case, since you didn't make it clear, then yes, current implementation does not support that.
The ability to use the old way (with dual EQ mode) will come in the next update as we revised the mapping further.

However, next time, please try to be as clear as possible on what you want and what doesn't work for you.
All this time, personally I thought that stems on EQ didn't work at all for you, which obviously is not the case.

Sorry, but I think you are wrong, because I tried everyday possible to make it works and I didn't find the way.

You can check the link below were I tried to activate it with Shift+PFL and nothing happens. If I disable EZremix or EQModern, then EQ Classic starts to work, but when I push shif+PFL, EQModern is activated automatically and there is no way to go back to classic EQ.

https://share.icloud.com/photos/0433eo8r8oR1gvYd7wXQwonlA

Please, could you help us?

Posted Fri 05 Jul 24 @ 10:11 am
user28835295 wrote :
PhantomDeejay wrote :

Sorry, but I think you are wrong, because I tried every possible way to make it works and I didn't find the way.

You can check the link below were I tried to activate it with Shift+PFL and nothing happens. If I disable EZremix or EQModern, then EQ Classic starts to work, but when I push shif+PFL, EQModern is activated automatically and there is no way to go back to classic EQ.

https://share.icloud.com/photos/0433eo8r8oR1gvYd7wXQwonlA

Please, could you help us?

Posted Fri 05 Jul 24 @ 11:23 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Looks like eqModeDual is not set to 'None', since you have both outer and inner channels controlling the same deck?

Posted Fri 05 Jul 24 @ 11:35 am
Adion wrote :
Looks like eqModeDual is not set to 'None', since you have both outer and inner channels controlling the same deck?

I attached the configuration, as I said before, the initial set up is "eqModeDUal= None" and "eqMode= Frequency" when I press Shift+PFL automatically EQModern is activated on channels 3 and 4, and classic EQ is not working, you can see how it is moving classic knobs on interface if you move the knobs (physical) on channel 1 or 2 but this is not affecting any frequency, if I move the physical knobs on channels 3 and 4, I can see how eqStems are moving on the interface and eqStems works as expected but this is not happening with classics ones. After that if I push shift+PFL again, and nothing happens, I cannot go back to "eqMode= Frequency".

For me it is ok if it works as Serato do right now, pressing Shift+PFL, but I cannot get to make it work like Serato with any configuration, I can assure you that I tried every configuration available, I'm telecommunication engineer, with this I mean that I have the ability to configure the system as you are suggesting.

Thanks so much for your support.

Please, let me ask you something, I have a couple of colleagues that has Rane Four and have the same issue, so did you test with a physical Rane Four unit this configuration?

Posted Fri 05 Jul 24 @ 2:38 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
And you are using the factory default Mapping ?

Also, please confirm from Settings->LICENSES tab - at the very bottom - you get VirtualDJ build 8241.2068

Can you please test with the 4 Decks layout skin and confirm that using SHIFT+PFL is toggling between Frequency and Stems PER Channel on the skin ?

Posted Fri 05 Jul 24 @ 3:03 pm
djdad wrote :
And you are using the factory default Mapping ?

Also, please confirm from Settings->LICENSES tab - at the very bottom - you get VirtualDJ build 8241.2068

Can you please test with the 4 Decks layout skin and confirm that using SHIFT+PFL is toggling between Frequency and Stems PER Channel on the skin ?

Yes, I'm using factory default mapping, you can see a screenshot attached.

The version I have running is 8241.2068, you can check it attached.

I just tested the 4 Decks layout skin and happened the same. I attached screenshots of this. You will see a initial configuration as Disable (classic EQ) and another screenshot after press Shift+PFL and you will see that it changed to EQModern, after that, anything is working as expected, because in this configuration "4 Decks layout skin", I cannot use EQStem and Classic EQ are not working... I think something is not mapped properly.

Thanks so much for your support.

Posted Fri 05 Jul 24 @ 3:22 pm
Ok, we have found the issue. We will provide a hotfix ASAP.

Posted Fri 05 Jul 24 @ 5:49 pm
PhantomDeejay wrote :
Ok, we have found the issue. We will provide a hotfix ASAP.

😍 Thanks so much!!! You are the best!!

Posted Fri 05 Jul 24 @ 6:08 pm
87%